Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a series of not so graceful pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
brant
here is a not so graceful little action sequence I was just given this weekend.
it was my only "mishap" during the weekend, and a bummer too because I had spend all of saturday working up from the back of the pack until this happened when I was running around 6th...

caused me to start the feature in the back of the pack again:
brant
and then:
brant
and:
brant
and 4
brant
brant
brant
J P Stein
Better that than into the tire wall. biggrin.gif
brant
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 26 2006, 09:56 PM) *

Better that than into the tire wall. biggrin.gif

oh... so... true...
a 240z ended up ontop of those tires an hour earlier... went home on a flat bed without the ability for the front wheels to turn anylonger.

brant
brant
A couple more action shots that were sharred with me this weekend:
brant
and:
brant
and:
J P Stein
Hay Brant, whatcha got for mufflerettes on that thang.
Tell me they are semi-cheep. biggrin.gif
brant
finally:
brant
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 26 2006, 10:08 PM) *

actually they are semi cheap... in comparison to what I see people paying for stainless. They are borla stainless ones.. I could be wrong, but remember them being about 125 - 150 a piece. They were recommended to us because of the oval shape. The shape presents a smaller frontal section (drag) than some of the ovals, plus they are thin and lend themselves to the abililty to run a rear diffusor.

not that I have a rear diffusor.. but a few of the colorado club race teeners do, and I've got a non vintage legal prototype I'm playing with.

brant
J P Stein
QUOTE(brant @ Nov 26 2006, 09:13 PM) *

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 26 2006, 10:08 PM) *

actually they are semi cheap... in comparison to what I see people paying for stainless. They are borla stainless ones.. I could be wrong, but remember them being about 125 - 150 a piece. They were recommended to us because of the oval shape. The shape presents a smaller frontal section (drag) than some of the ovals, plus they are thin and lend themselves to the abililty to run a rear diffusor.

not that I have a rear diffusor.. but a few of the colorado club race teeners do, and I've got a non vintage legal prototype I'm playing with.

brant

I don't suppose you'd have a part number of source....
Jeroen
pfew... from the title of the topic I feared you damaged the car
glad to see that's not the case

can you keep us updated on your difusor design?
brant
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Nov 27 2006, 07:18 AM) *

can you keep us updated on your difusor design?

no problem..
I'm planning on making it and some new aluminum rockers here in the next 2 or 3 months...... I'll get pictures.

so far it is just a stock metal valance that has been slit on the sides in order to roll the center section up.. I'm planning on adding an extension to lengthen the center part and have it gain another 15 or so inches. I'll clean up the unmolested sides and connect them to the center tray part.

brant
nocones
Is #180 a TVR?
brant
QUOTE(nocones @ Nov 27 2006, 12:50 PM) *

Is #180 a TVR?

yep....
I raced against him 2 weeks prior to hallet and he was pulling me on the straights.
luckily at hallet, I could consistently out run him.

I think he told me it was a 1.8L and pretty light.
can't remember for certain (its in a previous thread) but i kinda remember he told me around 1200 to 1300lbs.

those guys get crazy HP out of those british 4 bangers. I wouldn't be surprised if he had 150hp.

brant
Toast
sad.gif
That sucks Brant. But glad you made it out ok, and your teener too.

Thanks for sharing pics.

wavey.gif
brant
Thanks Toast!

hope you are well and had a good holiday!

brant
Aaron Cox
grass is forgiving...

keep it shiny side up brotha!
grantsfo
Isnt that the prefered apex for spec Miata drivers? biggrin.gif Glad you didnt do any major damage to that pretty car.
Trekkor
Glad you're OK.

That looked like a slow speed spin.

I hate high speed spins dry.gif

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.