Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: omigod my motor is gone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
Brad
Sorry I missed you yesterday, was home sleeping it off. Thanks for taking some time with my son yesterday with his questions. Keep me posted as to rebuild progress.
Brad
Your son is pretty cool young guy. Most I meet these days are worthless trust fund babies.

We will have it stripped down and document everything within the next 3 days.

I also dropped off some drawings for you to take a look at.

Oh.. I suggested to your son that he find a core 2.0 engine. The path he is headed with his 1.8 will take much longer and cost more in the long run to "make" it a 2056. I also told him that the 2.0 heads are worth 8-10 more HP over a set of similar prepped 1.8 heads because if the combustion chamber design and plug angle.

Look forward to working with you in the near future.

B
Brad Roberts
Oops. I posted from my ultra secret admin account.

B
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 12 2003, 02:52 PM)
Oops. I posted from my ultra secret admin account.

B

Now we know who you really are. ohmy.gif
Brad Roberts
The whole idea was to distance myself from "running" the 914club. When people see "admin" they know who/what that means.

Right now.. I just answer questions. No more server admin work.. I cant do PHP... hell.. all I do now is delete classifieds ads...LOL

B
Jake Raby
Brad, where would you hear a thing like that?????LOL aktion035.gif
Brad Roberts
Lets put it this way "Jakester".. I was building 1911 engines in 1986 (age 16) with 1.8 and 2.0 heads (stock). I could feel a big difference from the 1.8 headed engine and the 2.0 headed engines... you put the number on it. clap56.gif

Back then I used the "European Racing" H grind camshaft. I forget the specs. Worked well. Short stroke big bore combo that liked to spin the tach needle.

B
Jake Raby
Yeah, Yeah...........There is a difference. My strongest combos have 2.0 heads.

My new heads will have the 2.0 chamber and plug location!

mueba.gif
ppickerell
Oh great, now I will have the 1.7 from my car and the 1.8 from my sons car to unload plus an extra set of 1.8 heads. My 1.7 runs great, no smoke and no oil leaks. Can be driven until I pull it for upgrade.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.