Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT hood pins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeSpraggi
I've just purchased a fiberglass hood for my teener and would like to use the hood pin system found on the 914-6 GTs. Does anyone have a lead on where these or something very similar can acquired? Does it need to be a DIY fabrication project? Thanks
davep
Oooh, another opportunity for a group buy. popcorn[1].gif
Chris Pincetich
Here's what a quick *Search* for "GT" and "hood", title only, found

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...&hl=GT+hood

I knew I could find this old thread because I started it. This hood pin project is behind many others, and I have made no progress on the front lid but have the back lid installed. If someone with more tools and skills than I were to make a bunch, I've got some parts $ or parts trade to get this movin. beerchug.gif
gms
I have NOS GT plates if you need an outline
The circular clip that is very close in dimension and look can be found at the local hardware store.
michel richard
I would love an outline. The problem with the drawings on Armando's site is that the scale is not readable. If you could put up a drawing with an actual measurement of one or more sides, it would be great.

Thank you.

Michel Richard

QUOTE(gms @ Nov 27 2006, 12:38 PM) *

I have NOS GT plates if you need an outline
The circular clip that is very close in dimension and look can be found at the local hardware store.
Aaron Cox
word.. post a picture of it with a ruler next to it smile.gif

or on some graph paper smile.gif
MikeSpraggi
I recently saw a kit for a 914/6 GT hood pin setup on ebay offered by a company out of Australia for about $57.00 US dollars. Does any know what company was selling those?
RON S.
I got my pins from Pegasus back in 2003.

2 pairs were 20 bucks or so,I made my own plates.

All in all,I had less than 40 bucks inb the whole outfit when done.

Ron
drew365
agree.gif I bought my pins online, probably Summit Racing, and made the plates out of sheet aluminum and pop rivited them to my fiberglass hood. I made the lanyards also, Home Depot supplied parts.
race914
I calculated the hood pin plate sizes from a real GT pic by measuring the headlight covers and hood pin plates and then did the ratios...
gms
Sorry for the delay, I made cardboard templates from the originals.

Michel Richard you replied first so send me your address and I will put them in the mail ( I trust you will send them onto Aaron).
Aaron Cox
super cool!

im sure we could come up with a CAD file and distribute it here

Thanks glenn!!

AA
davep
if Michel Richard wants to send them to me, I can do the CAD drawings before sending them on to Aaron.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 30 2006, 07:39 PM) *

if Michel Richard wants to send them to me, I can do the CAD drawings before sending them on to Aaron.

I will opt for a posted Image or cad file instead of you sending the templates to me.

take it away dave smile.gif
michel richard
QUOTE(gms @ Nov 30 2006, 03:22 PM) *

Sorry for the delay, I made cardboard templates from the originals.
Click to view attachment

Michel Richard you replied first so send me your address and I will put them in the mail ( I trust you will send them onto Aaron).

Glenn,

p.m. sent.

Others,

I will forward the templates as required.

Michel
Chris Pincetich
Those real-deal scuff plates look to be thin, stamped, with a beveled edge and nothing but air under it....or are they thick with the angled bevel representing the thickness of the metal??? If they are thin 18-20G sheet, and I think they are, why don't they collapse or bend in when riveted and pined in place? Hmmmmm.... I like the flat DIY look too, just thinkin out loud here. My vision is all black, YUP, black anodized scuff plates with black or zinc gold pins. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.