Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The song they were listening to when they made your car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
If they listened to the chart buster, Me And You And A Dog Named Poo, I have much to worry about. That year the music chart was a little, how you say, scarry ohmy.gif

beer.gif Has anyone else looked up this historical data?
McMark
When they built my car I was thinking.... "Man I hope I get born in 4 years." w00t.gif
SLITS
For my 1970 six conversion ..... Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel ...... and it is!!!!

For the '74 ..... The Way We Were, Barbra Streisand (and that's really sad too!)
grantsfo
I dont know what they were listening to in Germany in 1974? Perhaps Autobahn by Kraftwerk? biggrin.gif Were German factories in the 1970's progressive enough to let workers play music on the production lines?
1970 Neun vierzehn
My 914 was made in January 1970.

I bought it in July 1975. I also bought a then-current Joan Baez album w/the title song...........Diamonds and Rust Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.(Sorry Bob Seeger).
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 27 2006, 02:55 PM) *

Perhaps Autobahn by Kraftwerk? biggrin.gif Were German factories in the 1970's progressive enough to let workers play music on the production lines?

Ja! Fahn, fahn, fahn on der autobahn....... driving.gif And all these years I thought I was the only one to have that record. (Hey old man......wtf is a "record"?)
SLITS
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Nov 27 2006, 03:00 PM) *

Perhaps Autobahn by Kraftwerk? biggrin.gif Were German factories in the 1970's progressive enough to let workers play music on the production lines?

Ja! Fahn, fahn, fahn on der autobahn....... driving.gif And all these years I thought I was the only one to have that record. (Hey old man......wtf is a "record"?)

It's a fairly thin, round black thingy, looking like a Ritz cracker with a tumor, with lots of scratches in it. It was spun at varying speeds, with a thin metallic stylus thingy capturing the scatches to make sounds so that us "heads" smoke.gif could vary the speed and find the true meaning of life.
Lou W
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 27 2006, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Nov 27 2006, 03:00 PM) *

It's a fairly thin, round black thingy, looking like a Ritz cracker with a tumor, with lots of scratches in it. It was spun at varying speeds, with a thin metallic stylus thingy capturing the scatches to make sounds so that us "heads" smoke.gif could vary the speed and find the true meaning of life.

And, so....what is the true meaning of life?
1970 Neun vierzehn
"And, so....what is the true meaning of life?"

"....life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?" Procol Harem, from the Shine on Brightly
album
Pat Garvey
Not sure about the DAY they made it, but I was still listening to Iron Butterfly, Beach Boys, Bob Dylan, Stones, & Hendrix as retro stuff. Daily stuff was Mott the Hoople, Clapton, T Rex, Arlo Guthrie, The Band, Bread, Elton Jogn, CS &N, Doobie Brothers, Cat Stevens (yeah!) & Moody Blues.

Avoided anything connected with the Beetles, because they sucked for the most part, though Lennon & harrison were good alone. McCartney always sucked. Ringo......always felt sorry for him.

Tried to remember what I was listening to on the evening in August '72 when I brought the 914 home. Then realized - I didn't have a radio!
jsteele22
For my car (1976), I think the playlist musta been something like :

"Fly LIke an Eagle"

"Ain't Nothin' Like the Real Thing"

"Slow Ride"

"Good Vibrations"

"Shake Your Booty"

"Don't Go Breakin' My Heart"

DNHunt
For the '74 ..... The Way We Were, Barbra Streisand (and that's really sad too!)

Jeez Ron why would you remind us of that.
crash914
eight track baby....

black sabbath, Peter Frampton...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.