Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: calling all colorado folks....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
here's the story. my dad has a 1974 1.8L with air conditioning (yep, he want's to keep it). the car has been neglected. it has a moderate amount of cancer visible, i can't say what is under the rockers or how the batter tray is. i do know it has electrical problems (sit in the drivers seat and the ignition cuts out) and gets driven about once every 12 months.

so what do i need?

the name of a good mechanic/body shop to fix the car. my dad has no mechanical skill; he is lucky to put on socks. he has the scratch to pay for the cosmetic and mechanical work done. he needs a reliable place to drop the car off and pick it up done.

anybody have any names?

my dad thanks you mueba.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif
Ferg
Where in colorado is he? Ferg
scottb
dad is in denver. hilltop area.
brant
There are a dozen of good porsche places... and I've done business with them at one time or another....

but I would go to pat moyle, at motorsports inc.
(303) 922-3560.

pat's got a nice -6, he is a club racer, he and his wife are both PCA national stewards, and he has been in the same shop for years.

brant
Gint
I would second Brant's recomendation for Pat Moyle for mechanical/electrical stuff at least. I don't know if he will do cosmetics or rust repair. But at our annual PCA swap meet, Pat told me about a guy south of town that could do my rust repair. I've seen some of his work. He's good.

I could also let you know where my /6 ends up for rust repair and paint. I'll be looking and following up on local recomendations next week.

Your Dad have email? Have him contact me. Sounds like he could benefit from being on our local 914 email list.
Gint
Scottb:

my dad thanks you

So what happened to Dad and his car?
Lawrence
The problem with the passenger seat is the famous seatbelt interlock relay. Allegedly, the problems only happen on 1974 cars.

I'll check my notes when I get home, but bypassing the relay is easy.

-Rusty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.