Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Checked the archives, Need to get a laptop, what is good.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
I checked the archives and I am wondering what people here are finding is a good inexspensive laptop. Maybe a Frys $499. special or something off craigslist.
CCLINTIA
Heeltoe914
Toshiba satellite R15 s822 Tablet PC. Been great in the field. Great battery life for a notebook. Saw used on ebay for around 600-700 a little more But???? Check around
Trevorg7
Middle of the road price wise ~$800; the Dell inspiron E1505 has been a great machine for me.

T
736conver
I have always loved the thinkpad's. Just got another one for the wife for $200, older model but still works great. They are built to last.
propricer
I will 2nd the vote for the early IBM Thinkpads ... especially the T30 which has a nice screen, is reasonbly light and can be had with a 2.0 GHz CPU, 1.0 GBit RAM and DVD/CD for around $400 give or take.

That said, Xmas brings some GOOD deals on new machines !!!

Merry Xmas ...
BMartin914
CL is great for used computer stuff. Lots of deals to be found there.
jim912928
thinkpads...only thing I'll use!...Although I bought my kids compaq's this summer for college...500 bucks, wide screen...and if it get's ripped off not a major loss.

But you can't beat a thinkpad!
TROJANMAN
if you are only going to search the web and run a few word programs........ I love my $379 gateway from bestbuy. Office Depot has had similar deals on a toshiba.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.