Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Handles OEM OEQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
iamchappy
I have purchased a pair of door handles from two different vendors, the first pair I sent back because the drivers handle was from the old stock, comes in a gray box, and the left was new stock packaged in a brown box. Both handles are Porsche Parts but different castings.
The gray box, old new stock is the regular handle that came installed on our cars.
The later, packaged in the brown box, is different as the back edge of the lock casting
is notched.

On both orders the correct old style handle in the gray box were LH drivers side handles and the notched handles in the brown packaging were RH passinger side.

Looks like I will be sending these back also. If anyone knows who has the old style
RH handles in gray packaging please chime in.

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Nov 27 2006, 11:00 PM) *

I have purchased a pair of door handles from two different vendors, the first pair I sent back because the drivers handle was from the old stock, comes in a gray box, and the left was new stock packaged in a brown box. Both handles are Porsche Parts but different castings.
The gray box, old new stock is the regular handle that came installed on our cars.
The later, packaged in the brown box, is different as the back edge of the lock casting
is notched.

On both orders the correct old style handle in the gray box were LH drivers side handles and the notched handles in the brown packaging were RH passinger side.

Looks like I will be sending these back also. If anyone knows who has the old style

Ok, I'm trying to understand this.....
First pair, that you sent back - was it notched? Why did you send it back?

Next, were the pass side notched or un-notched in both rders.

Lastly, what year are you trying to replicate?
URY914
Pat,
read all about it...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=64711

iamchappy
The LH drivers handles have all been good quality and same as the original.

All of the RH passenger handles have been of the poorer quality new style with the notch in them.

I am looking for a matched pair.

I am keeping the one LH handle I just purchased from GPR and sending back the other.

Otto is checking his stock in the morning for me to see if he can dig up the original style RH handle for me.
914runnow
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Nov 27 2006, 07:00 PM) *

is notched.

Typically when you rec'd them ...was there a country of origin??
iamchappy
Both in porsche original packaging. made in germany
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.