Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gone in 30 seconds!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newto914s
I've been trying to get ride of my bug for a couple of weeks now(shameless plug), and started to widen my search around Denver.
I stumble upon this Screaming 914 in Tucson, and just got an e-mail from the seller saying it sold 30 seconds after he put the ad up.
Who got it, are you up here, and if so, I'll give you $1300 biggrin.gif
Samson
Qarl
And it has a rebuilded motor.
snflupigus
repaint scares me... sell after 2 days done? but for that price. screw it. i would have picked it up....
G e o r g e
saw that ad yesterday, possibly a real good deal. possibly someone paid 1300$ for a 299.95 Earl Schieb rust bucket

will the new owner please stand up
jwalters
ohmy.gif Oh NO! Not the "rebuilded" motor!

I would have jumped all over that like stromberg.gif
Gint
QUOTE(newto914s @ Nov 27 2006, 07:08 PM) *

I've been trying to get ride of my bug for a couple of weeks now(shameless plug), and started to widen my search around Denver.
I stumble upon this Screaming 914 in Tucson, and just got an e-mail from the seller saying it sold 30 seconds after he put the ad up.
Who got it, are you up here, and if so, I'll give you $1300 biggrin.gif
Samson

Basically any running driving 914 that isn't a total rust pile is worth $1200. And if it truly was a "rebuilded" motor, especially if it was actually a 2.0, well... you do the math.

You spelled Thornton wrong BTW. You're probably less than 5 miles away from me. I *may* have a running 74 1.8 in a few months. Sell the bug.

Seriously though, sounds like you're a young guy and I have to tell you that a 914 as a daily driver may kill ya. They're reasonably reliable, but when they go do down, it can be costly.
cooltimes
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 27 2006, 08:03 PM) *

Basically any running driving 914 that isn't a total rust pile is worth $1200.

Gint,
I wish I had teeners like you living near me when I hear someone say that. Mine ain't perfect but pile of rust it sure ain't. biggrin.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif
914GT
What a coincidence, a car that looks just like the one on craigslist went up on ebay a few days after it first sold.

Tucson 914 on eBay

Same wheels, air cleaner, wiper position, etc. But the new owner on ebay had it for 9 years and it was repainted last year. Uh huh.
robby750
QUOTE(914GT @ Nov 27 2006, 10:53 PM) *

What a coincidence, a car that looks just like the one on craigslist went up on ebay a few days after it first sold.

Tucson 914 on eBay

Same wheels, air cleaner, wiper position, etc. But the new owner on ebay had it for 9 years and it was repainted last year. Uh huh.

Something doesn't smell right. Sure looks like the same car to me.
Scott-thundercat
same fairly uncommon exhaust too..... what a liar! well take everything you see with a grain of salt- half of it will be lies if it goes better than expected.
Gint
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Nov 27 2006, 08:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 27 2006, 08:03 PM) *

Basically any running driving 914 that isn't a total rust pile is worth $1200.

Gint,
I wish I had teeners like you living near me when I hear someone say that. Mine ain't perfect but pile of rust it sure ain't. biggrin.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif

If you weren't so far away from me I would have bought that car from you Mike.

The ebay car is the same car as the cragslist car.
GWN7
different licence plate numbers........
newto914s
QUOTE(robby750 @ Nov 27 2006, 09:08 PM) *

QUOTE(914GT @ Nov 27 2006, 10:53 PM) *

Tucson 914 on eBay

Something doesn't smell right. Sure looks like the same car to me.

Someone just turned a $2000 profit. I f-ing hate ebay!
Gint thanks for the heads up on Thornton and the DD 914. I actually have one that I was using as a daily driver for around 2 years(minus the snow days) while I lived in Cleveland . I left it at my folks place in KY cause I couldn't afford to ship it, and didn't want to risk driving it out hear.
My feeling is with any 30 year old car,that you drive, your going to spend your weekends wrenching on it. I just can't get used to using wrenches other than my 10mm and 13mm smile.gif
914GT
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 27 2006, 09:31 PM) *

In Arizona, you keep your plate. It does not stay with the car.
3liter914-6
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 27 2006, 11:31 PM) *

And the engine grille isn't painted on the eBay car.... confused24.gif
newto914s
QUOTE(3liter914-6 @ Nov 27 2006, 10:25 PM) *

QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 27 2006, 11:31 PM) *

And the engine grille isn't painted on the eBay car.... confused24.gif

I'm sure he used the same black paint on the grill as on the muffler. It's the same car. Look at the markings on the #2 intake runners. They are the same, and both have red intake runner gaskets with hose clamps.
That's just really shaddy to tell people the car is long distance ready after a week of owning it. alfred.gif
AZ914
Not me...
jasons
The dead giveaway its the same car is, the late front bumper and early rear bumper. That can't be coincidence.

MarkV
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Nov 28 2006, 07:54 AM) *

Not me...

Or me...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.