Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 painted on thesamba
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
Nice work...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_cat.php?cat_id=55

Click on the pics to enlarge
HeloMech
Why's the inner sails and underside of the rollbar masked off? My car is painted in those areas. What's normal for there?
G e o r g e
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Nov 27 2006, 06:52 PM) *

Why's the inner sails and underside of the rollbar masked off? My car is painted in those areas. What's normal for there?

Rust
jmmotorsports

It's much eaiser to paint those areas before the rest of the car is painted.
URY914

Those areas are a PITA to spray. You gotta reach over and spray back toward you. When I painted my car I did those first and than the rest of the car so I could let the hose touch the car sides. Maybe he's got other plans.
thomasotten
Hey guys, I just finished painting my 914 a few weeks ago. Would anyone be interested in pics? I was planning on posting the process from start to finish.
Lou W
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Nov 28 2006, 06:50 AM) *

Hey guys, I just finished painting my 914 a few weeks ago. Would anyone be interested in pics? I was planning on posting the process from start to finish.

Yes, progress threads are gud. thumb3d.gif I like to watch the progress of other cars too.
1bad914
Nice, but he will have a lot wet sanding and buffing to do. I see a lot of orange peel and dust nibs.

I painted the insides of the sail panels the same time I did the car, PIA, but I used that method for both 914's I have painted. I paint the doors and trunks seperatly, I don't like to jamb cars. Personal preference, never had a problem with shade variance...yet! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.