Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel injectors and some fun stuff....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott-thundercat
so my car's been smoking since i got it running- i drove it hoping it would go away- no luck- now it doesnt look like oil smoke (well it does but it doesnt smell like it or behave like it) it doesnt smoke under conditions that most oil burners have done it in my experience... anyhow- i thought it could be a stuck injector- so i pulled the injector connectors one at a time while it was running - one of em resulted in absolutely no change- the rest all changed quite a bit- so i'm thinking that one is stuck open... anyhow i'll try some fuel injector cleaner and see if it helps... any other ideas? i guess i'll do a compression test too.

anyhow- was at pick and pull and found some cool things- found 2 brake calipers off a 320 i (on half off day! 9 bucks each!!) a wierd carb conversion plenum for the 914, a center arm rest out of one, and a door limiting dealio too! good day- all for 25 bucks!!!

Bruce Allert
Good finds beer.gif
Let that injector soak over night. Usually helps. You can re-connect it to the gas line & electrical connector then have someone turn the engine over to watch the conical spray that's supposed to come out. Do this with all the injectors at the same time. Put the injectors in baby food or similar containers and turn the engine over aprox. 15 to 20 seconds. Then compare the amount of fuel in all the jars. If they all are within the same levels your injectors are prolly working good. You'll be able to see a descrepancy in the levels contained in the jars if there is a bad injector.

Good luck.....

........b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.