Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bursch exaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
is it possible to replace just the muffler?. If so, what source have you guy's used for a new Muffler.
IronHillRestorations
I'm not a big fan of Bursch. Good price and loud. Doubtful if any power improvement over a stock muffler, which I prefer.

Call Dave at GPR 800-867-4712 and get a Dansk 2.0 muffler. Yes it isn't cheap, but will last a long time and have stock apperance.
Aaron Cox
www.triadwestperformance.com

for a really well done muffler setup....
Mueller
QUOTE(toon1 @ Nov 28 2006, 09:50 AM) *

is it possible to replace just the muffler?. If so, what source have you guy's used for a new Muffler.

yes, you can replace just the muffler and spend $50 to $75 unless the 2 millionaires that posted above would like to make a donation biggrin.gif

a muffler shop ought be able to look a the current muffler and find something in his book....a "turbo" muffler as used on V8's would work....
Midtowner
Don't forget to spray with paint that burns off after a couple of runs! blink.gif

Mike: It was fun to meet you earlier today!
DerekKim
I just bought a Bursch from one of the guys on the board. I should have it tomorrow and I will let you know!

Derek
DanT
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Nov 28 2006, 07:48 PM) *

Don't forget to spray with paint that burns off after a couple of runs! blink.gif

Mike: It was fun to meet you earlier today!

Erik, did Mike get my old Bursch from you? smile.gif
pete-stevers
i am going for a traid ....should be here soon....
Midtowner
Dan: Yup! Thanks for lining us up. smile.gif
DanT
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Nov 28 2006, 10:48 PM) *

Dan: Yup! Thanks for lining us up. smile.gif

No problem.

did you get those minilites onto your car yet?
toon1
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 28 2006, 05:41 PM) *

QUOTE(toon1 @ Nov 28 2006, 09:50 AM) *

yes, you can replace just the muffler and spend $50 to $75 unless the 2 millionaires that posted above would like to make a donation biggrin.gif

a muffler shop ought be able to look a the current muffler and find something in his book....a "turbo" muffler as used on V8's would work....

They where good suggestions but out of my price range.

I lookesd on Summit racing's web site and all of their mufflers where to wide. Mine measures 8.5 in width, I couldn't find anything less than 9.75, that will be too wide to fit.

sportlicherFahrer
If you can't find just a replacement muffler to bolt in, I would also highly recommend the Triad muffler. They are less than $400, they DO add power, sound great, and last for a long time. Not made of regular thin muffler materials. Nice thick walls on the glasspack pieces and piping.
Scott H
QUOTE(DerekKim @ Nov 28 2006, 10:55 PM) *

I just bought a Bursch from one of the guys on the board. I should have it tomorrow and I will let you know!

Derek

Tracking Number: 1Z ...........
Type: Package
Delivered on: 11/29/2006
12:16 P.M.
Delivered to: US
Service Type: GROUND

wink.gif
Brando
Get an aluminized glass pack and weld it in. Or go to a muffler shop and have them weld it in. Last time that only cost me $60 and 15 minutes smile.gif
toon1
QUOTE(Brando @ Nov 29 2006, 12:54 PM) *

Get an aluminized glass pack and weld it in. Or go to a muffler shop and have them weld it in. Last time that only cost me $60 and 15 minutes smile.gif

I thought about the glass pack but wasn't sure if it would work. It would definitly fit.

How do they sound??
Mueller
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Nov 29 2006, 11:03 AM) *

If you can't find just a replacement muffler to bolt in, I would also highly recommend the Triad muffler. They are less than $400, they DO add power, sound great, and last for a long time. Not made of regular thin muffler materials. Nice thick walls on the glasspack pieces and piping.

got proof??......... I didn't think so biggrin.gif

Erik,

nice meeting you as well...thanks Dan for the referance, the muffler will work perfect for my application !!!!

Brando
QUOTE(toon1 @ Nov 29 2006, 02:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Brando @ Nov 29 2006, 12:54 PM) *

I thought about the glass pack but wasn't sure if it would work. It would definitly fit.

How do they sound??

Sounds about like 90db laugh.gif

Not really, but the sound is nice. I like it. Make sure they have the tip out past the rear bumper though, otherwise you'll get alot of resonance throughout the body and in the cabin. When I welded mine myself, I didn't quite accommodate for that and ... well ... let's just say I need earplugs at 5500 rpms. blink.gif
faster48
What I find funny is this, I race motocross and we (MXer's) spend $500-1000 for a single cylinder exhaust system year after year. Then I see people spending the same amount (or less) for a new performance exhaust for their 914's being referred to as "millionaires".
I guess my point is that I'm considering replacing the Monza system that came with my car, and keep thinking these various systems are a bargain....LOL. blink.gif
DanT
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 29 2006, 06:31 PM) *

QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Nov 29 2006, 11:03 AM) *

Erik,

nice meeting you as well...thanks Dan for the referance, the muffler will work perfect for my application !!!!

Happy to get you two together...

Glad you will be able to use the muffler....are you modding it in some way? Of course you are biggrin.gif
Midtowner
IMHO, Mike's project is ambitious but a good one. Turbo's add lots of plumbing. At least there is room under there. Can't wait to see the results. clap56.gif
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 29 2006, 06:31 PM) *

I think he used one of these - Butt Dyno chairfall.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.