Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 96 MM Pistons
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Which are the best 96 mm pistons for bored out 94mm cylinders??? 2.0 liter rods and crank.

Rich
2teeners
keith black pistons, about $250 from aircooled.net
Rog914
L N Engineering 96mm cylinders are the best you can buy. But expensive

Ralph

74 2.0
Brad Roberts
I cant say which ones are the best.. but I have used the Asian 96's and they seem to be doing fine. We also just pulled apart an engine that has them in it... they also appear fine (it dropped a valve seat).

The next 3 engines will have Raby honed cylinders with KB 96's. I used to use the KB 180's in my small block Chevy's. They worked fine unless you sprayed them with Nitrous or tried to hit them with tons of turbo boost.

I think the reason the KB's work so well...you can run a much tighter tolerance in the piston to cylinder wall clearance. The KB's dont grow like a stock Mahle.

B
72914S
I`m running forged aries(sp) but still testing ,only have 50 miles on them.
r_towle
Brad,
Can I get in on sending some 2.0 liter cylinders with your pile and have them honed???

I would obviously buy the pistons from Jake is that deal, and if its good enough for both of you, good enough for me...

Rich
Jake Raby
KBs are what we use for all street engines, with our rings......works dandy for the roughness average we set up with the cylinders.

If you buy the KBs from someone that does not take them out of the bxox and mike them, you may get a bad one.
Brad Roberts
Rich,

I'm going to start another thread soon piling up the 2.0 head work. Hang in there.

B
2teeners
I'd be in for a set of pistons too, Jake I've got barrels to send.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.