Full Version: Poll for CW's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
Just a heartbeat check here after 9 months
914runnow
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Nov 28 2006, 08:27 PM) *

Hey Pat..Wellll my reply in...
Have white lab coat and Q/Tip..Will Travel!!!
type4org
I for my part am not a concours person, don't wear white lab coats, and never used Q-Tips on any car. I just drive it every day. But I want it the way it came from the factory - and that's how I use this forum smile.gif

The Club garage is too full of the "lower, wider, faster" type of crowd laugh.gif

Bleyseng
I am not a CW guy really but I do like the "originality" of CW. I am more a a "stock/sleeper look" but way faster type 914 guy. 76, 80, 88, 95, 110 hp isn't enough to keep me happy when I drive a 914 or 914/6.
I am one of the few who knew these cars when new on the board but they are fellows way more smarter in these facts than me biggrin.gif

This is a good Forum that also forays into the History of the 914 series which does interest me. Lots of less prattle than the garage which is tiresome at times... dry.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
The "originality" aspect of this forum should be/is a useful source of information for those of us who wish to maintain our car(s) "as built". EZ bolt on-bolt off changes/improvements (wheels & tires, steering wheels, H-4 h/ls, euro-lenses, etc.) can individualize the car if the owner sees fit, and the car can be returned to OEM configuration easily if need be.

I think this Forum should be re-named "Originality and Concours Maintenance Forum" or something similar. It is not uncommon to see a post on the Main Forum where the question being proffered could be answered by one of the "nailed" threads.

Lastly, Pat Garvey's acidic sarcasm, self-flagellation, caustic wit, grammer miscues and typos would be sorely missed alfred.gif
type4org
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Dec 2 2006, 02:49 PM) *

I think this Forum should be re-named "Originality and Concours Maintenance Forum" or something similar. It is not uncommon to see a post on the Main Forum where the question being proffered could be answered by one of the "nailed" threads.

Lastly, Pat Garvey's acidic sarcasm, self-flagellation, caustic wit, grammer miscues and typos would be sorely missed alfred.gif

I second both motions wink.gif

AvalonFal
When logging onto the Club, I always come to this forum FIRST. I'm not a CW fanatic, but I like the idea of keeping my 914 looking as close to orginal as possible and the give and take of what is & what isn't original for what model year is always entertaining.
Crazyhippy
I'm as far from a CW as possible, but i still check in here for the knowledge.

Lots of good info in here.

BJH
Pat Garvey
Youz guys bring tears to my eyes
Bleyseng
Yeah, well use that white gloved hand to wipe those tears away..... biggrin.gif and get back to cleaning that engine bay.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(914runnow @ Dec 2 2006, 01:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Nov 28 2006, 08:27 PM) *

Hey Pat..Wellll my reply in...
Have white lab coat and Q/Tip..Will Travel!!!

Still have mine (lab coat) from judging my first Parade concours ('78, I think), but it's far from white - more like....grease! Came in handy though & better than an apron for working on the car. Glad they got over using those things - pretty dorky!

Stocked up on Q-tips too - about 1500 right now.

Am I a geek, or what?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Dec 2 2006, 04:49 PM) *

The "originality" aspect of this forum should be/is a useful source of information for those of us who wish to maintain our car(s) "as built". EZ bolt on-bolt off changes/improvements (wheels & tires, steering wheels, H-4 h/ls, euro-lenses, etc.) can individualize the car if the owner sees fit, and the car can be returned to OEM configuration easily if need be.

"acidic sarcasm"? I'll have you know that sarcasm is considered a "caustic" remark, not acidic. Learn your ph's!
"self-flagellation" ? Don't knock it until you've tried it. Oh yeah!
"caustic wit" ? Well, yeah
"grammer miscues"? Well, I have to admit it..my gramma was a lousy pool player & did have miscues, but whay are you picking on her?
"typos"? I don unnerstam?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.