Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Checking Head Torque on a /6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Can it be done or does the motor gotta come out?
Dr Evil
Some day, when my engine actually runs, I will need to know this as well.

popcorn[1].gif
brant
I do it 3 times a year in the race car.....

but I have the terrible and hatred patrick motorsports tilting mount (sarcasm... I love it)

to be honest I don't run tin or other things that would get in the way.. but it should be possible in the car either way
brant
Cap'n Krusty
Why would you want to? If they're loose, you'll hear 'em. If you can hear 'em, torquing them ain't gonna fix 'em. If they come loose, the studs are pulling or they're broken. The Cap'n
Dr Evil
Just following recommendaitons for rebuilt /6 engines. Are you saying that such activity is overkill?
Allan
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 28 2006, 09:18 PM) *

Just following recommendaitons for rebuilt /6 engines. Are you saying that such activity is overkill?

agree.gif I was told that they should be checked after 1000 miles or so. I know they're not loose plus I had case-savers installed. I just want to make sure they are staying tight....
Joe Bob
Not an issue....if you see loose parts in the valve covers...you have a problem.

BTW...Patrick Motor Sports STILL sucks.....

God I love love giving that asshole a ration of shit....
smdubovsky
If you can adjust the valves while its in the car, then you can retorque the head studs.
Allan
QUOTE(mikez @ Nov 28 2006, 11:10 PM) *

Not an issue....if you see loose parts in the valve covers...you have a problem.

So what are you saying? That it's not necessary to re-torque or that it's easy to do?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.