Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Hindge Pivots - nut plate came lose.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jperret
Thanks to Thomas Otten I got a new Hinge Pivot assembly, and welded it in place - all went fine until I attached the shoulder bolt that holds the rear hood hinge. The nut plate came lose from the the sheet metal hinge pivot.

Click to view attachmentThe Hinge Pivot is sheet metal with a threaded insert (I am calling it a nut plate for lack of a better term) that receives the shoulder bolt. The nut plate seems to have been pressed into the hinge pivot sheet matal. I can see no signs of a weld?

Now I am stuck, I do not want to cut out the Hinge Pivot and start over. How to I reattach the net plate. I tried JB Weld but it did not hold. A glue would be the easiest solution. I could silver solder it in. I could tack weld it.

Any ideas?
KaptKaos
JWest Trunk Pivot

This is what I used. Works great.
jperret
Thanks they sure look like a better solution. I am committed now. The nice folks at Auto Atlanta suggest I just tack weld the nut plate from the front.
rjames
JWest Trunk Pivot

This is what I used. Works great.

agree.gif Fantastic product! Mine works great too- and awesome customer service!

SGB
It unnerves me to do it, but I agree with AA. Just weld that puppy...
Cap'n Krusty
I always weld them in BEFORE installation. Not that that helps you ............ The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.