Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCCA ITR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Brad Roberts
Here we go!!

Jeroen
so, if you have an SC, you're basically f-ed...
Brad Roberts
Yep.

It is a new class they fired up mid last year. I have shy'd away from SCCA. It appears they are going to allow us to run the Boxsters (pretty much spec form) against some decent competition. Most of the talk out there seams to be favoring the 968 or the Boxster for this class.

I actually like the fact that they spec'd the 16inch wheel. This will help with the gear ratio's.

More rules/info to come!

B
jhadler
I don't know if the SC would be _that_ handicaped. It does have a notably lower minimum weight than the other P-cars listed. Not that 2600 lbs is _light_. But 2800 for the 944 and 3000 for the Boxter isn't exactly feather weight.

I wouldn't count out the taildragger all together.

-Josh2
Brad Roberts
Hum.. blow my 3.0 engine = 10k repair

blow my Boxster engine = 7k new engine installed by dealer, used engine 2k

biggrin.gif

I was looking at it from a $$$$ perspective since I dont have any..lol

B
jhadler
I had no idea that a new Boxter motor would be that cheap. That's pretty handy for a race car. Funny, a new, dealer installed Boxter motor is $7k, and I jsut saw an add for Spec Miata motors for $7k. Why in the world would one spend $7k for a Spec Miata motor?????? A fool and his money I guess...

Yeah, the SC would be a more expensive proposition to campaign, but I think it could be competitive... Especially seeing as how used Boxters can be found relatively cheap these days...

It would be nice to see more P-cars in SCCA competition...

-Josh2
Series9
It looks like they have six gears listed for the S2 and five for the 968.

I would think the S2 would control that class, being 200# lighter than the 968 but only 18 less HP.
Brad Roberts
The S2's I have run against in the Boxster just didnt have the torque to get out of the corners compared to the Boxster. I have always been under the impression that they would "walk away" from me in the Boxster. So Far I havent seen it (semi equally prepared cars/sticky tires)

I love the S2's.

B
MattR
Brad, whats different for SCCA? Do you have a new set of rules in PDF you can send me? I think you have my email.
groot
Hey, Matt.

The GCR is available online now.
SCCA Rules
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.