Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: WSU
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
I'm thinking about going to WSU next year because of there broadcasting program, and wondered if you guys had any opinions. We went there over this past weekend and it's deffinatly in crap hole washington. A nice place but VERY small and rural. I only saw one teener which I bet had a bunch of rust. 60 inch's of snow a year! Crap i'm not taking my baby to college sad.gif
Eric
ChrisReale
Went there for 3.5 years. Studied Broadcasting, but had to drop out because my dad got cancer. Didnt go back, but not because it was not a good school. I hated Pullman. I kinda had trouble finding my "clique" there. Had a handful of friends, most I dont talk to anymore. Never really felt like home...you get the idea. That was my experience, I know others who loved it.
nebreitling
Hi Eric

don't know much about WSU, but perhaps consider USC.

their communications program is stellar AND tightly linked w/ the industry in socal (i.e. job after graduation). maybe not the greatest neighborhood, but certainly livable -- and, most importantly, your teener won't rust.

what other schools are you looking at?

nathan
Eric Taylor
Yeah, I looked at USC, but I'm not ready to make the So. Cal Leap, and I don't have the grades or sat.
Eric
Queenie
I wish I could afford to go to USC. One of my favorite authors teaches writing there.

I am going to bankrupt myself as it is going to UCSB. laugh.gif

Good luck with your decision, Eric.
reverie
I graduated from WSU in '99, and am familiar with lots of places and people and secrets, on-campus and off. Feel free to PM me any time with questions or whatever.. smile.gif

- Roger
scotty
it's deffinatly in crap hole washington. A nice place but VERY small and rural.

Nothing to do there but drink and study...

laugh.gif

Go south young man! CA and OR need your cash!
Kevin@ojai.net
"Nothing to do there but drink and study.."

Nothing wrong with that...

-Kevin
Brad Roberts
I didnt plan to read this thread.... but...

This post is pretty damn cool. Its neat to see a young 914 guy asking life decision questions on the BBS. He obviously trusts the "group" and values the answers.

Course..I could be wrong... LOL

B
rhodyguy
the palous, the surrounding country, side is beautiful. while you're are driving through it. new party rules. 0 tollerance for booze, drugs, wilding. three strikes and it's off to community college. don't know about your specific program but check out western wa college in bellingham. smaller campus, nice town, if you're a skier/boarder mt. baker holds the record for recorded snow fall. three years ago they had to dig trenches for the chair lifts to operate. vancouver is nearby. seattle is a little over an hour away. it can be damn cold at wsu during the winter.

kevin
Eric Taylor
yea brad, I was thinking the same thing. It's cool because I can ask a question to people from all walks of life and all different places across the country. This post has been very helpfull, I mean where else are you going to find two people (Chris and Roger) who have gone there and will give it to you straight about what the school is REALLY like. Not like the tour, where they cover up stuff. I asked if it was a party school, and the student giving the tour gave me a real B.S. Answer about how if you want it you can find it. I thought, hummm, nothing to do and nowhere to go wonder what there gona do.... DRINK. But anyway I really appreaciate the advice of everyone who has posted, it's helping a lot.
Thanks,
Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.