Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help for Rebuild 2.7S for 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kckoch
Months ago I purchased a 914/6, and have slowly been breaking it down for a complete re-build. I have made contact with some Local (Florida) PCA members, and had some discussions about rebuilding the motor and tranny.

The car came with a 2.7S (1974), and has not been run in almost 18 years. PO took the car apart for a rebuild, and stopped.

Can anyone help me find someone to re-build this motor and/or tranny. I don't have the experience to do it myself. local quotes were 10k+ without even seeing the motor. It has CIS now, but I have 40 webbers fresh ready. I'm in no rush, and willing to send it away.

Thanks.
Racing916
I can tell you who not to use and that is Paul Weir Porsche. He is in Excellence Magazine. If you like your money and motor stay away from him.

Steve
Qarl
Step #1 - I don't think that the pool vacuum is supposed to be used as an air filter
kckoch
QUOTE(Qarl @ Nov 29 2006, 01:42 PM) *

Step #1 - I don't think that the pool vacuum is supposed to be used as an air filter

Ok so I'm sure I deserved that. Actually, the picture is from the PO, just before I bolted it back into the car for transport. And yes, I removed the pool filter, pressure wash hose, and other alien objects.

Come on Karl, don't you know someone in Orlando? By the way, how's the Lotus?
Rider914
I am in Jupiter - I have pulled motor / transaxle a few times. . .

Never worked on a original motor though. . . I run a Chevy in my 914.

But I can give you a hand.
GeorgeRud
You might consider stripping it down to a long block, then shipping it to Competition Engineering or another machine shop to machine/rebuild it. The book on Rebuilding 911 engines uses a 2.7 as it's example engine, so reading that can give you a good idea of prices and what's involved.

It is expensive to do it right, but pulling all the ignition, fuel, sheetmetal, etc. will save you some.
Rider914
Let's get it done - I need to see another (running) 914. . .

Thorshammer

I would be interested in rebuilding the engine for you. This would make my 112th 911 engine. I live in MAssachusetts, but will be in South Beach Miami on the 8th of December to drop off a customer Lotus Twin Turbo. Could pick up then and ship to you when it is done.

Many on this board know me. Mostly, I build race and high perfromance street 911 motors. PM me and leave me your number.

My prices are reasonable, and I have an excellent machinist that I work closely with.

Erik Madsen
kckoch
QUOTE(Thorshammer @ Nov 29 2006, 08:29 PM) *

I would be interested in rebuilding the engine for you. This would make my 112th 911 engine. I live in MAssachusetts, but will be in South Beach Miami on the 8th of December to drop off a customer Lotus Twin Turbo. Could pick up then and ship to you when it is done.

Many on this board know me. Mostly, I build race and high perfromance street 911 motors. PM me and leave me your number.

My prices are reasonable, and I have an excellent machinist that I work closely with.

Erik Madsen

Sounds good! PM Sent.
kckoch
Rider,

Could use some help pulling the motor.

Just saw a 73' 914 2.0 fly by the other day. Top off (not the driver) georgous lady! Whew!
brant
I have to throw my $.02 in regarding Erik.
He is a very reputable and knowledgeable fellow.

I have not had him build a motor for me, but would have no hesitation trusting him to do so!

brant
Rider914
Kevin,
I sent a PM to you with my phone #.
Give me a call and I will give a hand.
URY914
Another Florida 914er.
Hello from the West Coast (of Florida) beer.gif

Paul
kckoch
Paul,

I need to connect with the West Coasters. You seem to have quite a few more 'teeners' over there.

Road Trip!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.