Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber 40 IDF Carbs - Will They Work?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Not sure what other questions to ask teh guy? Will these work? Are there other questions I need to ask the guy? I've noted some guys are using 40 IDF - same thing? Here's a pic if this helps?
1bad914
Sure they will work, depending on your engine size and jetting. You will need type 4 intakes. I have a set or two btw.

The carbs in that picture are missing the top plate, make sure he has that with it, plus he should have velocity stacks.
Aaron Cox
and they are the later style...

taller main jet stacks (less prone to plugging)
and adjustable accel pump (not the cam style)

they will work.... but are part of a combo smile.gif

and they also have chokes (buy the block off plates)

maf914
As long as everything is in good working order they will be fine. Of course you need manifolds, linkage, low pressure fuel pump and lines.

The next step is to pull all of the jets to find out what you have. And the venturis too. Then you can compare these to your engine specs and go from there. Post this info and someone will probably be able to give you a good starting point.
Joe Ricard
Yea what kinda motor ya got there.
Leave the chokes on. they are just fine if you leave them alone. or if you decide to use them all the parts are there.
Filter assemblies are requuired and you can get new ones from like CB Performance. They also have intakes and linkage.
McMark
They will work for up around 2.0 engines. Anything bigger (2270, 2316, etc) and you need bigger carbs. All of the 40 IDF manifold bolt patterns are the same, so any 40 IDF will work with any IDF manifolds.
vesnyder
My plan is to use these for a 1.8 I am rebuilding. Plan is to convert it to a 1911 or a 2056 - still making my plans. Will they work for the 2056?
McMark
They're on the small side, but they'll work fine after swapping around some components.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.