Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bluegrass Classic 2007
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
Last year's prizes were donated by a particular sponsor (Thanks Bruce!) and myself from other prizes I had recieved. I need some support here so I can continue to provide some door prizes in the future.

Items that *WILL* happen this year:

*T-Shirts (need vendor)
*Redesigned Logo (need an artist's work)
*Sponsors and Prizes.

Fees and such will be figured out shortly, due to t-shirt pronting overhead and the like.

Please help support your most favorite car in the world smile.gif This year a website will be designed as well, and sponsors will be printed on the back of the shirt.

Thank you ahead of time for your support. Please reply to this thread if you intend to support this venture.

b
cooltimes
Where and when will this event happen?

QUOTE(bd1308 @ Nov 29 2006, 05:10 PM) *

Last year's prizes were donated by a particular sponsor (Thanks Bruce!) and myself from other prizes I had recieved. I need some support here so I can continue to provide some door prizes in the future.

Items that *WILL* happen this year:

*T-Shirts (need vendor)
*Redesigned Logo (need an artist's work)
*Sponsors and Prizes.

Fees and such will be figured out shortly, due to t-shirt pronting overhead and the like.

Please help support your most favorite car in the world smile.gif This year a website will be designed as well, and sponsors will be printed on the back of the shirt.

Thank you ahead of time for your support. Please reply to this thread if you intend to support this venture.

b
SGB
When is this thing, Brett?
Dr Evil
You know I got your back man thumb3d.gif

(my favorite spot!)
bd1308
Awesome smile.gif This should be a fun year.
rwjames
You should get in touch with the Louisville PCA group. The president owns a 914-6 and races a 914. He is a nice guy and I'm sure he would help you out if he can. He may be able to offer some sponsership through his ROJO Racing group if nothing else.

Also, there are several 914 guys in the Kentucky Region PCA that may be willing to help you get things organized. Contact Chuck Hicks and see what he can do.
bd1308
Yeah I contacted some guy, and he never got back with me. He said that he has pics of Neil Huffman (local huge Chrysler dealer owner)'s collection of EVERY 356 of EVERY year they were produced.
rwjames
That may be the previous president. Chuck just took office as President last week. He is the guy to talk to now. He does travel across the country and Canada for his job and can be gone for weeks at a time, so he may take a while to get back to you. I'll send him an email and see if he can help.

Neil Huffman used to have a 1973 914 1.7 and Ithat I almost bought. It was orange with black interior and in pretty good condition. I wonder what happend to it. Neil also has the 4-door 928 Porsche built one or two of. He decided a couple years ago that he wanted to own a 356 from every year of production. I believe he finally got all of them, or maybe one shy. He also has some VW's and a bunch of other cars.

I'll see if I can get in touch with Chuck and let you know.
bd1308
Okay, I'd love to get in touch with some of these people regarding some combo effort.

rick 918-S
If this is a 914club.com event have the club pay for it. That's why they are collecting money and selling stuff. Has anyone from the club admin team stepped up to offer support?
bd1308
Yes.
rwjames
I emailed Chuck last night, but have not heard from him yet. He may be out of town.

There are several long-time 914 guys in the Louisville area that are not really aware of the 914 Club. I have made them aware of events and the club in general several times, but they have just never been able to make an event, due to busy schedules. It took me five years or so to make a 914 Club event myself.

You have a really good pool of resources there so we need to try to get them involved with you. Being a Junior member of the ROJO Racing group since I have relocated to Alabama, I'm sure we can at least provide some door prizes.

I'll update you when I hear from Chuck.
Series9
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 8 2006, 08:25 AM) *

If this is a 914world.com event have the club pay for it. That's why they are collecting money and selling stuff. Has anyone from the club admin team stepped up to offer support?

agree.gif This could be a good small event for the management to get their feet wet in the sponsorship arena.
9magazine
Let me know when the event is and we can send our plastic show bags, cd-roms, and post the event on the 9magazine.com website.

Brian Minson
9magazine.com
rwjames
Chuck emailed me and said he would love to talk to you to see what kind of help he can provide you on behalf of the KY Region PCA and ROJO Racing.

Here is part of his email message he sent me: "Yes by all means give him my cell # and let him know that I am the incoming grand Poobah and would love to have the KYPCA support him, if not definately ROJO would love to help. Let him know, that we know that the 914 is one of the best Porsches to own and enjoy."

Chuck is a great guy and very enthusiastic about everthing Porsche, including the NARP.

Send me a PM and I will give you his cell phone number.
SGB
Has there been a firm date set that hopefully isn't mother's day?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.