Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VINCE
I was working on my FI 30 minutes ago. It is a L-jetronic (1.8L from 75).
I have changed some fuel hoses few days ago. My engine didn't not run because I had no fuel in fuel hoses!!

So I tried to localise the problem: I ran the pump by pressing on the AFM flap. The pump worked 10 seconds and died.
Now, when I press the AFM, I can hear 2 'clacs':
- 1 from the relay (close to the battery) => OK
- 1 from the fuel pump but the pump does not run

Is my pump dead?

What should I do?

It is my daily driver: I need a solution, please help me.

Thanks
tradisrad
I'm not familiar with the L jet but I would first check voltage at the pump. With the d-jet, the pump can be run by jumpering across the relay and voltage then can easily be checked. 2nd, make sure that fuel is getting to the pump- blockages in the filter, tank, lines? The d-jet pump is very reliable, does the l-jet use the same pump?
good luck
VINCE
Finally, I found that my fuel pump is OK. In fact, I inversed + and - and it started again. biggrin.gif

I also fond what was wrong on my FI: my fuel regulator does not permit fuel to flow sad.gif
I have pressure at the inlet but not not at the exit. So I temporarply made a by-pass of the fuel regulator.
The fact that my fuel regulator does not permit fuel to flow is a little strange because it seems to be new (see picture).

My question is: Are fuel inlet and fuel exit correctly connected to me fuel regulator? See the picture enclosed (that was the way my fuel regulator was connected to fuel hoses).

Thanks
Dr Evil
Consult this page;
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...4_18FI_diag.htm

According to the site your regulator is backwards. The input fuel should come in the side port and out put the bottom port.
2-OH!
Uhhhhhhhh, I could be wrong here, but the unit in the picture is not a fuel pressure regulator but rather a decel valve...

The Fuel Pressure Regulator has an adjustment screw in the end to adjust the pressure...The unit in the picture has a vacuum hose...That unit will not regulate fuel...They do look alot alike though...

2-OH!
Dr Evil
You are WRONG SIR! dont worry, I made the same mistake, but then deleted it after looking at the link I posted which shows an L-JET regulator which oddly enough looks like a D-jet decel valve.

At least your thinking biggrin.gif
2-OH!
You were just awaitin' in the weeds for some fool to make that mistake weren't ya'...Just waitin' to pounce...

2-OH!
Dr Evil
Ya, since I made the EXACT same assumption before anyone noticed and I was able to erase and correct my post all I had to do was wait idea.gif biggrin.gif
VINCE
youououou clap56.gif my engine is runnig!!!
In fact, I heard only 4 explosion ans I stop because I have no muffler, so the engine is very noisy. But it runs!!

The fuel inlet & exit were totaly inversed on my engine.
My cold start valve conection was faulty...

I am happy. Now, i just wait for a decent muffler.

Bye & thanks to all
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.