Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Do any/all early 914/4 tailshifters come with the intermediate plate with provisions for the 914/6 throttle bellcrank? Or is the boss only found on 914/6 transmissions?
Bleyseng
My 70 1.7 vin 29xx did and I still have that intermediate plate...stole those good gears for a rebuild.
Brad Roberts
Actually, a lot of them have the provision!

Geoff,

No comments on the "club doings" ??

B
McMark
Good, I wanted to make sure I didn't cut the bellhousing off a 914/6 transmission. sawzall-smiley.gif

Thanks Geoff.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 29 2006, 10:35 PM) *

Actually, a lot of them have the provision!

Geoff,

No comments on the "club doings" ??

B

I haven't had time to be in the Garage much due to "Work". Swamped right now...plus I am working of several MPS's...for 2056cc engines with 9550 cams. Those take alot of tuning work to set right.

Ok, everything looks "GREAT" and glad to see the Ecomm is up and running plus Eric is a great choice.

flipa.gif
dmenche914
making a motor stand/starter system? Also look to cut up a cracked case. Found one with cracks around the diff housing . Little hairline jobs. needed to clean the tranny (prep for paint) when it became visable. a solvent rince, followed by a dry wipe, and a dusting of powdered chaulk bropught out the crack much more to the eye. It followed around the external ribs on the tranny top above the diff.

tossed that case years ago, would have made a good engine test stand. oh well
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 29 2006, 10:35 PM) *

Good, I wanted to make sure I didn't cut the bellhousing off a 914/6 transmission.

uhm, if i recall correct, that transmission did not just have the "provision", it actually had a threaded hole there, correct?

could very well be an original 914/6 tranny you just cut up ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
jwalters
My '71 tailshift and '74 sideshift both have it-----

Would that make the '74 a '71 parted out rebuild??
Dr Evil
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 30 2006, 04:14 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 29 2006, 10:35 PM) *

Good, I wanted to make sure I didn't cut the bellhousing off a 914/6 transmission.

uhm, if i recall correct, that transmission did not just have the "provision", it actually had a threaded hole there, correct?

could very well be an original 914/6 tranny you just cut up ...
cool_shades.gif Andy

Some have the provision, some are already drilled. The one on my car had the provision only and I had to drill and tap it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.