Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: parts/shop in Killeen, Texas?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lincoln
Looking for the closest shop, or parts house where I can get small misc. parts, inside-outside door handles, window seals, speedo cable, etc... and where to go close for tuneups/valve adjustments.

Thank you.

Lincoln

559-892-7578
Will check back here as time allows.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(lincoln @ Nov 30 2006, 11:53 AM) *

Looking for the closest shop, or parts house where I can get small misc. parts, inside-outside door handles, window seals, speedo cable, etc... and where to go close for tuneups/valve adjustments.

Thank you.

Lincoln

559-892-7578
Will check back here as time allows.

I have been to Killeen/Coppreas Cove many times. SCCA used to run an Autocross through the streets of Coppreas Cove during RabbitFest.

There are no Porsche shops there. But luckly there are a bunch in the DFW area.

I would recommend Zims, but that's because I have been going there for 20+ years.

echocanyons
How's that engine running Lincoln? Did you get the carbs sorted out?
lincoln
a LOT better than the one i killed hehehh . tore that down and found a melted piston in it. all in all it isnt even worth ever rebuilding, far as i can tell it would be easier and cheaper to buy a good one than it would be to try a rebuild on it. the motor i got from ya runs strong, wants to break the tires loose all the time, and thats STILL without having it tuned rightgeously yet. still need a better dist. and valve adjust, cuz i suck at getting valves right. carbs are workin good, think maybe they might need re-synced tho due to havin had em off to install engine. then again , after V/A they may work just beautifully. will try to keep ya up to date on it .

its pretty cool drivin er round here tho- everyone HAS to stop and look , and they all say its the only one they have ever seen in the area.Cept one person who said " if only it was a 916" heheh

have as yet to find a cool twisty road to open it up on , but still stumbling my way around trying to get to know the area.

anyways, really dont have net access yet cept thru library here and start new job 30 miles away on monday, so appreciate any info ya'all can send my way.

asta,
Lincoln
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.