Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Race Cars on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
If you are ever going to build a racing 914, please, don't start from scratch on a nice car.

There are more 914s cut for racing than people who want to race.

Damnit!

Be kind, recycle.

smile.gif

M
machina
sorry red, but I looked for a year and never saw a 914 racecar that wasn't beat to shit, horibly prepared, or way out of my price range (by a factor of 4)

I pretty much new what I wanted in terms of the cage fabrication, setup, overall prep.

My point of view is that I would rather start with a straight clean car with as little rust as possible. That's what I found. Was a 2 owner car, 15 years in new mexico & 15 years with PCA past region president (always garaged).

With all the time & sweat that you put into a racecar, or even a car like Karls, why start with a beat up racecar or a rusty roller?

dr smilie_flagge24.gif
Bruce Allert
did you see that black one? cut the shit outta it! looks pretty good too!
bruce
machina
that car was down here in florida, now in CO, it is exactly why I built my own. Looks marginal in pics, downright rough up close.

Good buy if you don't care about prep and just want to race.

dr
brant
Ferguson has been mulling over that black car up here...
but it does look a little rough...

..plus that car is just screwed for any race class here in colorado.

-It is not a competetive club race car
-It is not competetive in the colorado PCA Driver ed rules.
-It does not even qualify to participate in the colorado vintage
rules.
-We don't have POC
-It would be a crappy SCCA GT-2 car.

He needs to sell it in a different state.
brant
machina
I think he would be better off parting it out. I was interested in the motor but he said no thanks.

I don't think the car appeals to anyone, including its current owner.

dr
Ferg
Yep thinking about one, here's another, I ruled out the black car cause I will need to drive it on the street on occasion.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...8&category=6430
machina
The orange car looks nice, but of course looks can be decieving. Have to do the usual rust inspection. Too bad it doesn't have a 2 liter though. Also don't like that bucket they put the battery in. Or its location.

dr
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(redshift @ Nov 13 2003, 07:59 AM)
If you are ever going to build a racing 914, please, don't start from scratch on a nice car.

There are more 914s cut for racing than people who want to race.

Damnit!

Be kind, recycle.

smile.gif

M

I agree.
r_towle
This guy apparently rolled this car....
I did not think that was possible...to roll a 914

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4&category=6430

Rich
Andyrew
Red, what about if someone made a junk car into a nice car then a race car?
Andyrew
Rich, my blue parts 2.0 was rolled.. guy went off into the woods.. found a beer bottle in the cabin..

Andrew
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 13 2003, 03:31 PM)
This guy apparently rolled this car....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4&category=6430

He ROLLED the car and the fenders aren't damaged? Say what!? blink.gif

When I had my first 914 a friend and I tried to just lift two wheels off the ground racing around in a parking lot...no dice.
redshift
I am not all about controlling how people live their lives, I am just saying I went to Ebay, and I was kind of unnerved to see the first 4-5 cars were *hacked up. (*couple very nicely)

I like the #2 car Ferg.

M
drew365
Some guys can roll anything.
machina
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 13 2003, 07:31 PM)

All it takes is about 1/4 rotation of the car at even moderate speed. Wheels dig into grass or gravel and over you go. burnout.gif

dr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.