Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 engine oil cooler bypass plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Terrance
anyone have any pics of a 911 engine oil cooler bypass plate thing? I want to look at how it's setup, on both sides (engine side, and output side). Show me what you got! All I found is the Smart Racing/JWE one, but I want to see one w/o the oil filter built in.
Terrance
what? no one knows?

Brad? You know what I'm talking about?
Brad Roberts
I know what you are talking about, but I could'nt find pics of one. Most people use the SMART setup.

There has been some "offline" debate on how to block this off (and the thermostat)

B
Terrance
I've seen some goofy ones made by random people. Kiwi Dave at TRG (formerly at TRG now deported?) showed me the one he made. very simple, 1 large plate, with 3 outputs. The top one usually goes to the filter, or can be made to loop back around. bottom is to the tank. I can't justify $450 for the smart racing one.
TimT
The "smart" set up has a Porsche p/n

available for less than SRP, but not much since you still need adapters for the oil lines on

Ill have to check PET or one of the cars in the shop for the p/n
Thorshammer
Screw 450, just call air cooled racing in PA 717-432-4116 he sells a plate for 200.00.

I have used them, they work great.

Erik
Van914
Thor is right Steve sells a very good one that we have used on the race car for a number of years. No problems and save some $
van914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.