Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you...?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
I have to reinstall the CV joints after I dropped my engine. I got a new pack of Swepco Cv Joint Grease from Pelican... but I'm not sure how to go about packing the CV Joints. Is there a special tool needed/recommended?
Joe Ricard
Clean all the old crap out.
cut corner off bag or end off tube
squeeze all of it into the CV split the rest of it between the two sides. on the stub axle end.
PRS914-6
Well, there is a little more to it than squirting the grease in. You want to "pack" it in so it gets in and around the cage and all the nooks and crannys. Put a ball of grease in one palm and start working it in using your other hand and forcing the CV on the grease with a forceful "wipe" motion. Keep adding grease and moving the internals around so everything gets coated. If done correctly, grease will literally go from one side of the CV to the other. When done, take a piece of rag and force it through the bolt holes with a screwdriver to remove the grease. Valvoline makes a semi-synthetic CV compatible grease in a can that most auto parts store carry that is reasonably priced.

See the pic.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.