Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ot - Umm, street leagl INDY car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Ok, it may be street legal, but would you really drive it on the street? Street Legal?

seanery
YES!!!

have you seen 'DRIVEN' Jumpy.gif w00t2.gif w00t1.gif
So.Cal.914
I bet it handles great, it's a looker and I have seen them survive some horrable

accidents. Why not?

RoadGlue
I just wish the video wasn't 90% burnout clips. It's a 1000lb car. Frankly I'd be pretty surprised if a Geo Metro motor couldn't light up the rear tires on a car that lightweight. Right? Let's see it go fast, and zip around corners! Can you imagine what a mess that car would be on an auto-x course? Ug.
McMark
Just keep it in first gear Randy. wink.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 1 2006, 12:34 AM) *

Just keep it in first gear Randy. wink.gif

It was second gear, and that's what my darned instructor recommended. I would have gone for third gear had I stayed around that afternoon, but I'd already gone through four million gallons of oil. I wouldn't want to have shown you up either... wait, I did anyways!!! Poop on you. smile.gif

Fear the wrath of third next time!!! My car's oil slick feature won't be my only defense next time either (I've added smoke screen to the arsenal).
freezing14
this one is just about the same thing,, just with 3 wheels instead of 4 and cost about 5k to make

www.indycycle.net/
VaccaRabite
My first thought was: "COOL!"

But then I saw the video and the car did NOTHING for me. I'm not happy with the engine choice, thought I am sure it is ungodly fast. Mainly I don't like it because of how it sounds. How petty is that.

Anyway, watching it drive around and do burn outs did not inspire anything in me. Maybe I'm borked this morning or something.

Zach
mudfoot76
QUOTE(Moron Sean @ Nov 30 2006, 11:40 PM) *

YES!!!

have you seen 'DRIVEN' Jumpy.gif w00t2.gif w00t1.gif

I'd drive it too -- can't be much more dangerous than riding a motorcycle in traffic. I'd wear a helmet though so I don't get blasted with road debris.

That guy's video is the suck, much like the movie "Driven" burnout.gif
GaroldShaffer
I think it is cool and all, but not something I would want to be in on the street. To many soccer moms with their H2 & 3 hummers around here for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.