Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: replaced injectors- runs great!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott-thundercat
so yesterday i soaked my injectors but upon looking at one of em realized it was leaking near the top of the injector- and also the little screen was missing from it!!! so i went to the local auto wreckers and looked through all their injectors- no yellow tops.... but they had 6 black tops with the same connector config... anyhow talking to the guy he says a lot of people swap over to em and as long as u swap the set they usually work... so i figure what the hell... 100 bucks for all 6 (plus 2 fuel rails).... bought em- got home found out they were VW units with like 340 cc min flow... so higher flow than the yellows, and lower than the 2.0's.

cleaned em up, and installed em (found one of my connectors was bad so i used a connector i had laying in my toolbox that worked!!!!) cracked the last fuel line that's plastic in the engine bay- moved the hose up further... need to replace the whole thing. adjusted the throttle cable and started it up- ran great! no wierd smoke or anything- so now i need to change the oil cause the leaky injector decided to contaminate it....

then it should be drivin!

on another note- for some reason the headlights dont turn on- motors work but the lights dont go-replaced the fuses- nothin still... figure the bulbs are burned out- now i need to get a bent screw driver to get to one of the screws- also need to replace a few other bulbs- then it should be good to go!!!

So.Cal.914
thumb3d.gif
Bruce Allert
Good job Scott!!!

Ain't this fun beerchug.gif

...b chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.