Full Version: This club is about....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
TonyAKAVW
What is this club about? smilie_pokal.gif

WTF.gif
SLITS
What Club.

This is a site of deranged individuals, exchanging ones and zeros, bashing on each other, setting up meets, having BBQs and driving ungodly distances to get drunk. What more could you ask for? grouphug.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 1 2006, 11:28 AM) *

What Club.

This is a site of deranged individuals, exchanging ones and zeros, bashing on each other, setting up meets, having BBQs and driving ungodly distances to get drunk. What more could you ask for? grouphug.gif

and spending lots of money on a 35 year old car, that we will never get back.
brer
merchandising?

poke.gif

I am however impressed with the toys for tots project.
Being a force for good is worth the effort.

Using American Apparel products for the goodies would be a positive move as well.
Awesome quality and sweatshop free, made in Los Angeles.

The one thing missing in the mission statement I thought was a definition of the ethical foundaton for future projects or decisions. I'd like to see an attitude that supports small designers and manufacturers (bowlsby) and promotes conscious responsible decisions in the everyday members car distractions.

you know,
being a responsible sports car driver
safety with tools, welding equip., and chemicals
proper disposal of hazardous waste and use of proper painting facilities

and of course to get as many 914 off of jackstands as possible,
and hopefully have fun while doing it.

mcbain77
codependence

thumb3d.gif
914werke
*sniff* You moved me Brer flag.gif
Brad Roberts
I'd like to see an attitude that supports small designers and manufacturers (bowlsby) and promotes conscious responsible decisions in the everyday members car distractions.

Brer,

This site has spun off 10-15 small home business' that do pretty damn good. I stopped keeping count of the number of people who ask me monthly about what they can do to start a small home based business based on 914 related products. We give them a HUGE target market to push their wares. There is only a handful of vendors in our resource area that I have not personally met with and discuss future projects.

Ask Bowlsby, Mueller, Foley, James Adams, James (Morphenspectra), Eric Shea how many sales they get through this site. I promise you each of them benefit HUGE from this site (and will continue)

Shops around the USA benefit every time we hold an event with 100 miles of them. People bring there cars to get ready for events.

It would be VERY difficult for me to quantify the exact money amount generated for ALL the small business' and shops around the USA, but I bet if you called each and every shop that works on 914's.. they can tell when an event is about to happen, or they are buying parts from our "spun-off" vendors because their cliental are asking for it.

914 Commerce = I promise we have HUGE influence.

B
Brad Roberts
Duh..

Last night! A discussion about new product designs for a local home based business owner and major supplier to this site. He will be given two new product designs for our cars to manufacturer for US.

I just recalled talking about it and inking it out...

Within 15min. of your house.

Where do you think some of this stuff comes from??

Bruce Napier.. rubber pieces... (hey Brad.. what should I make...)

B

TonyAKAVW
This thread wasn't actually meant to be a discussion of what the club is about, there are plenty of threads for that.

I just found it strange that Eric Shea had posted

"Excellent thread ______________ That's what this club is about" in a ton of threads this morning. It just seemed odd.... Was wondering what was going on.

-Tony
HeloMech
yeah, I think he's really a bot with a cookie cutter posting... Has anyone really ever SEEN this guy? lol

if nobody else got your post... I DID!! lol.
Eric_Shea
Maybe my public exhibition of the positive aspect of the club has you wondering? I mean, it does deserve a WTF.gif right?

WTF would anybody want to promote the fact that people help each other here?

WTF would anybody want to view the progress of a conversion car and say WTG! smilie_pokal.gif and cheer another member on.

WTF would we want to welcome newbies to the fold for?

Michel WTF do we care about your GT project?

Gint WTF do we care about your -6 restoration or Sharons new car?

Andy WTF do we care about your tub?

Greg WTF do we care about your baby?

Mike WTF do we care about your 3.2

John WTF do we care about Elvira?

Lawrence in the Middle East? "WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT - OVER"

Brian WTF do we care if you can't spell?

Karl WTF do we care about your damn Elise?

Andy WTF do we care about Wild6?

Toast WTF do we care about you being stranded at the side of the road?

Joe WTF do we care about Lucky's car or the RS?

The other Joe WTF do we care about "Beauty" or Team NARP

Toys-for-Tots? WTF OVER???

Jim WTF do we care about your crank or your winter projects?

Aaron WTF do we care about watching you fix up your damn car?

Rob Watson...WTF???

Paul... I could give a shit if your car weighs 10lbs. WTF

Howard WTF is up with you?

SLITS WTF WTF WTF???

Neo914's??? WTF's up with that?

Rogers V8... WTF for sure.

Mueller had twins WTF.

Mrs. Birthday WTF fairy...

Grimstead WTF do we care about your paint job?

Carlos WTF do we care about your holy hell hole?

Martin's new -6? WTF do we care?

Brant... the vintage racer... WTF?

Ray... WTF do we care your car got smashed?

So Pete's trying to mount flares with the quarters off. So. WTF?

Awe Poooooooooor Z. You broke an axle on your assdragger. WTF DO WE CARE?

So Jen got married WTF?

It's a shame people.

I suppose it's true... tell a friend the good news, tell ten friends the bad news. I guess that's why our local and national news is fixated on rapes, killings and bombings. Probably why SERIOUSLY FUCKED UP threads slamming Brad and various admins about volitional programs to assist in the growth of this excellent service known as the 914club seem to make their way to the top of the home page.

I've got one for you.

I restore brake calipers. You either view it as a service or you don't. You either buy them or you don't. How come in as many years hasn't ANYONE felt the need to ask me what I do with the PILES of money or if I'm profitable or not?

Damn it James... FULL ACCCOUTING! I know you're screwing us with those Rennshifters. You even stated in an open post that your are (careful for the weak hearted) MAKING A PROFIT!!! ohmy.gif

Foley! OUT WITH IT! Where's the money going?

Damn people you don't see it? Dr. Evil is putting himself through MED SCHOOL by drilling little fucking holes in bolts for you. WE DEMAND FULL REPAYMENT ON YOUR STUDENT LOAN!

Laughlin... don't think you can escape Camp Capitalist Pig!

Jake. The Auditors are on the way!

Bowlsby... nevermind, we've established you only make 4-5 harnesses a year. You're one of the good guys. You can pass GO.

I agree Tony... WTF.gif is Eric Shea up to?
Allan
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Dec 1 2006, 09:16 AM) *

MEETING BABES!!!! drunk.gif
HeloMech
agree.gif Eric Shea WTF.gif

I like reading posts about what people are doing and what others offer. I don't like reading 50 posts about someone telling everyone else that what they've posted is what this club is all about. I mean... really... WTF.gif

dead horse.gif

chair.gif

headbang.gif

poke.gif

Really... that's what this club is all about. Am I wrong? Kudos to everyone. We ALL get a gold star... hooray for me.

Man, I've gotta lay off the caffiene... WTF.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 1 2006, 01:15 PM) *

I'm in Aruba soaking up the sun while chinese slaves are bending fuel lines for me in American Samoa so I can label them "Made in the USA". happy11.gif
TonyAKAVW
I agree Tony... is Eric Shea up to?

whoa..... Hey I wasn't criticising your posts. It was just unusual to see all these short posts all of a sudden. Good news is great, praise is great, I've got no problem with your posts, REALLY.

As for the rest of your post... I don't know if this is pointed at me or not...

The reason negative threads make it to the top is that people like drama. I don't know why, but for some reason drama, and the ability to participate in drama draws attention. (see this thread as an example)

I'm glad there are people making products, I don't care if this club is used to push them, sell them, market them, not market them, whatever. It doesn't really matter to me. And I would be willing to bet 90% of the people here don't really care that much either.

-Tony
Chris Pincetich
Whew - I too was begining to think aliens had abducted eric shea and some goody-2-shoes imposter was posting. I see now see from that long smart @ssy post that he is back. As a 5 post newb, I'll never forget the smart @ss comment from eric about how all fiberglass lids needed the bulkhead re-welded to fit, ha ha.

Keep up the good work beerchug.gif
McMark
This club is about the people, and the cars is an extremely close second.
914fan
Uhhhh.... I don't get it. Is joking or......

wait for it.....

WTF???

laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
Foley,

it is ok.. as long as the "stickers" are made in the USA!!

B
Howard

WTF.gif

Easy! This club is about to make me 'effen crazy. Everyone back to their rooms for a time out. alfred.gif
Carlitos Way
I think Eric Shea said it best in another thread (which I'm not good enough at quoting) "Good answers to any question. That's what this club is about.

Priceless. Literally."
brer
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 1 2006, 09:51 AM) *

I'd like to see an attitude that supports small designers and manufacturers (bowlsby) and promotes conscious responsible decisions in the everyday members car distractions.

Brer,

This site has spun off 10-15 small home business' that do pretty damn good. I stopped keeping count of the number of people who ask me monthly about what they can do to start a small home based business based on 914 related products. We give them a HUGE target market to push their wares. There is only a handful of vendors in our resource area that I have not personally met with and discuss future projects.

Ask Bowlsby, Mueller, Foley, James Adams, James (Morphenspectra), Eric Shea how many sales they get through this site. I promise you each of them benefit HUGE from this site (and will continue)

Shops around the USA benefit every time we hold an event with 100 miles of them. People bring there cars to get ready for events.

It would be VERY difficult for me to quantify the exact money amount generated for ALL the small business' and shops around the USA, but I bet if you called each and every shop that works on 914's.. they can tell when an event is about to happen, or they are buying parts from our "spun-off" vendors because their cliental are asking for it.

914 Commerce = I promise we have HUGE influence.

B

Hi Brad, bye1.gif

I know you guys are sick of defending your actions so i'd like to just clarify my post as not being a criticism on your progress. I actually think you're doing the right thing (so we are clear on that).

It is pretty obvious that alot of small manufacturers and cottage industries have sprouted from the existance of this site. I see this and pay attention to these things. In fact I applaude those who have taken steps towards becoming a producer rather than a consumer. It is out of my respect for those people and their actions and contributions that I added the comment about supporting them.

Stating it as I did was simply a suggestion about how a clarification of the clubs ethics in the mission statement could go along way to defining the clubs attitude towards industries born by its memebers around the 914 community.

It was not to say that I felt you don't support them.

Maybe promotion of cottage businesses is a one of your goals, or maybe its just a happy side effect that you dont want to officially involve the club in.

Either way thats your decision.

The point of my post was simply to voice my observations on what I felt the club was about and consequently how I thought your mission statement missed out on two important subjects.

Well, important from my point of view.

the merchandising quip was sarcasm.

Have a nice day. thumb3d.gif

brer
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Dec 1 2006, 09:59 AM) *

This thread wasn't actually meant to be a discussion of what the club is about, there are plenty of threads for that.

I just found it strange that Eric Shea had posted

"Excellent thread ______________ That's what this club is about" in a ton of threads this morning. It just seemed odd.... Was wondering what was going on.

-Tony

Dont ask questions you dont want answers to.

alfred.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 1 2006, 02:09 PM) *

Foley,

it is ok.. as long as the "stickers" are made in the USA!!

B

When the offshore stainless we use disintegrates in 3 years the stickers will be all that holds the fuel in. biggrin.gif
bondo
It's about the sandbox biggrin.gif !
kart54
Club? When did this become a club? I thought it was the non-club, the anti-club of clubs.

What did I miss, when did this happen? I demand to know. "I don't want to be part of no stinkin' Porch club" and we don't need no badges neither.

Eric, I'm insulted, you left me, trekkor and John Rodgers out of your long thread. And after I was one of the first guys to buy your cryo treated 5 lug front rotor conversion.

They still look like brand new after a full season of SCCA by the way. (promotional checks in the mail right?)

Oh Boy, I'm in trouble now. welder.gif

Randy
Car 54 Here I Am. SCCA G prod Cal Club Champion.
G e o r g e

Click to view attachment

Club is about the Deals

Brer here is one of your old wheels
DEC
oh oh
I see the same discussions all over the world...... smilie_flagge6.gif
in different times.........
Now here and other threads.

I don't understand the necessity. bootyshake.gif sad.gif
TonyAKAVW
I'm going to delete this thread soon. I don't think it adds anything of value, so if you want your responses, or want to copy stuff, do it soon.

-Tony
G e o r g e
tony just have it closed don't delete sad.gif
brer
QUOTE(George H. @ Dec 1 2006, 12:40 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Club is about the Deals

Brer here is one of your old wheels

dude! thats amazing.

what did that cost in the end?
G e o r g e
QUOTE(brer @ Dec 1 2006, 01:19 PM) *

dude! thats amazing.

what did that cost in the end?

I was told to say 75 per........... biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
Oh yeah.. freedom to delete your own threads... (any other site allows their members to do that?)

Dont think so biggrin.gif

Brer,

it's all good. I answered because I wanted other people to know where we stand on small business. I know you personally (like I do 100's and 100's of these people)

B
Series9
smilie_pokal.gif Woooohooooo. Luckie and I made Eric's rant.

I'm finally somebody.

Love you Brother.
JPB
To me its great reading form a great bunch of fun people. As for myself, it's therapy and self exploration biggrin.gif

beer.gif Please, don't take me so damn seriously behotches.
rjames

...was my favorite part! clap56.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(rjames @ Dec 1 2006, 03:00 PM) *

agree.gif

Had me av-943.gif chairfall.gif av-943.gif
ppickerell
QUOTE "Damn people you don't see it? Dr. Evil is putting himself through MED SCHOOL by drilling little fucking holes in bolts for you. WE DEMAND FULL REPAYMENT ON YOUR STUDENT LOAN!"

That right there is some FUNNY shit!
TINCAN914
I can spell, I just can't type... biggrin.gif

I feel special now, I was mentioned in someone elses rant...
Got to love the Shea.. piratenanner.gif

Now stop pcikin on me.. av-943.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 1 2006, 01:15 PM) *

Damn people you don't see it? Dr. Evil is putting himself through MED SCHOOL by drilling little fucking holes in bolts for you. WE DEMAND FULL REPAYMENT ON YOUR STUDENT LOAN!

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

Man, you over estimate my sales!

Bitch, you about made me cry biggrin.gif I am STILL giggling, WTF!?
Brad Roberts
Yes Mike!

We do need an east coast admin.

B
Gint
QUOTE(JPB @ Dec 1 2006, 03:30 PM) *

To me its great reading form a great bunch of fun people. As for myself, it's therapy and self exploration biggrin.gif

beer.gif Please, don't take me so damn seriously behotches.

av-943.gif

Now that's fuchin funny shit!

Dude, you have nothing to worry about!
SLITS
QUOTE(JPB @ Dec 1 2006, 02:30 PM) *

As for myself, <s>it's therapy and</s> self exploration biggrin.gif

That is far more information than we needed or wanted to know. I guess your inability to type is due to sticky keys jerkit.gif

And Howie, you and your polka dot silky drawers can go back to France.

Brad, quit posting....you're really fucking things up.

biggrin.gif
Pat Garvey
"I restore brake calipers. You either view it as a service or you don't. You either buy them or you don't. How come in as many years hasn't ANYONE felt the need to ask me what I do with the PILES of money or if I'm profitable or not?

Damn it James... FULL ACCCOUTING! I know you're screwing us with those Rennshifters. You even stated in an open post that your are (careful for the weak hearted) MAKING A PROFIT!!!

Laughlin... don't think you can escape Camp Capitalist Pig!

Jake. The Auditors are on the way!

Bowlsby... nevermind, we've established you only make 4-5 harnesses a year. You're one of the good guys. You can pass GO."

WOW!

You mean that all the stuff I've bought from Porsche (including cars), and the money I've given to mechanics and parts houses, as well as my gas, oil & insurance included a markup for "vendor profit". I thought this was America, where everything should be available to all either free or at cost! I've been shafted all these years?

No baby - this is America. You are entitled to profit from a service that I cannot perform myself. It's called Free Enterprise, or (inhale loudly) Capitalism!

And, this Club has lived by it. You can't do it yourself - buy or barter for it.

I Love It!
nycchef

it's about getting a brother who lost a tire in the rain back on his way in less than 2 hours.
Mrs. K
QUOTE(rjames @ Dec 1 2006, 05:00 PM) *

agree.gif

WTF.gif av-943.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif (AKA WTF Mrs. Birthday Fairy! laugh.gif )
Howard
QUOTE(nycchef @ Dec 1 2006, 06:00 PM) *

it's about getting a brother who lost a tire in the rain back on his way in less than 2 hours.

Case Closed. In NJ yet. agree.gif
cantley914

WTF.gif

This club is owned, operated, and sponsered by the American Jackstand Company.
Because everybody knows jackstands were invented especially for 914`s

Long life to our teeners !!!
biggrin.gif

beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
morph
me and hiedi kinda chuckled when we read we was a spin off of the the 914 club.we was selling parts on ebay when we was approached to join the club.and since then just about every major parts retailer has called or e mailed us.they all met us on e bay.if any one can say they made us who we are today,its e bay & our customers from all over the world.75+ % of our business comes from e bay some of that % are club members but they came to e bay to do business with us.and out of that 75+% about 30% of them never heard of 914world.com but they do after they talk to us or do business with us.we keep very good stats on our business how people found us.out of three years on the club our two parts & products threads got 26 thou hits,we took the same amount of hits on e bay in 6 months.
we are happy that you like my products we build,no matter where you found us.we build parts to make your car more enjoyable to you(the 914 owner) its not about anything but that.the club has helped us by allowing us post here.and supported us. but to read brad say we are a spin off of the 914club. feels like your tring to take credit for what our business is today.
james
JPB
[quote name='SLITS' date='Dec 1 2006, 08:25 PM' post='827516']
[quote name='JPB' post='827325' date='Dec 1 2006, 02:30 PM']
As for myself, <s>it's therapy and</s> self exploration biggrin.gif
[/quote]

That is far more information than we needed or wanted to know. I guess your inability to type is due to sticky keys jerkit.gif

av-943.gif Therapy and self exploration is so vague I had to say it, pervbro! av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.