Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new 914 owner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
Hello I am the new owner of a 1975 914 rolling chassis. This is my 4th Porsche with the other 3 being 911's and a 944S. I am keeping my 83SC and I think I'm turning the 914 into a /6 hot rod. I will have many questions and it looks like this forum is the place to be. I am located in Orlando Fl. I will try to post a pic of the car this weekend sometime. Bye for now..................Rick
StratPlayer
welcome.png
Allan
wavey.gif welcome.png givemebeer.gif
So.Cal.914
From the left to the right, Welcome to the jungle.
messix
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Dec 1 2006, 09:59 AM) *

Hello I am the new owner of a 1975 914 rolling chassis. This is my 4th Porsche with the other 3 being 911's and a 944S. I am keeping my 83SC and I think I'm turning the 914 into a /6 hot rod. I will have many questions and it looks like this forum is the place to be. I am located in Orlando Fl. I will try to post a pic of the car this weekend sometime. Bye for now..................Rick

you already have a 4 and 6 cyl. cars, put a V8 in the 914! biggrin.gif
GeorgeRud
One of our posters has a 914-6GT replica and lives in Orlando I believe. He'd be a good person to meet to get an idea of what's involved in the conversion. I'd say go for the -6 conversion, it's clean and pretty much a bolt together type of project. I had a couple of 911s over the years, nice comfortable car but not quite the gocart that a 914-6 (or -4) can be.

Best of Luck on the project.
Brad Roberts
welcome.png

You've come to the right place.

B
ein 6er
welcome.png

911 sc huh ....... you have a good donar there!! biggrin.gif

there are a few others teeners in orlando that can help you i'm sure.

if i can help in any way, let me know!!

OH .... and get us some pics!!

rfuerst911sc
I tried to post a pic but got a message saying file size too large. I'm not a computer weenie so help on posting pics would be appreciated. My SC will never be a donor she's too nice a car.
ein 6er
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Dec 1 2006, 05:31 PM) *

I tried to post a pic but got a message saying file size too large. I'm not a computer weenie so help on posting pics would be appreciated. My SC will never be a donor she's too nice a car.

maybe this will help.

adding pictures to your post

SGB
Hey down there!
rfuerst911sc
Well I can't seem to figure out how to resize my pics so let's try a link from another site: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=318007
ejm
Here's your pics from the bird board..... nice looking car!

JPB
welcome.png Nice to see you finally got a REAL Porsche this time wink.gif biggrin.gif
URY914
Hey you found us. This is the place I talked about in my Pelican reply.

Welcome. beerchug.gif

Paul
rfuerst911sc
Well day one and I gutted the interior and removed those ugly front and rear bumpers. The car came with 73 style bumpers as part of the deal and those are the ones I will put on the car. The hell hole is solid as are the "longs" there is a little bit of rust thru in the rear trunk floor and rear valance area but the structure is very solid.My main focus will be getting the chassis,suspension,brakes,body up to snuff and then concentrate on engine and tranny. There is a decal on the drivers side pillar is the OEM paint color in that number?
ejm
Paint code is stamped into a metal plate located between the drivers door hinges and you can find a color chart here
markb
welcome.png

Come on in and join the insanity! biggrin.gif
PORobinSCHE
welcome.png hello Rick! as a fellow Orlandoan, and 944(n/a) owner it's good to meet you. at least web-wise.
i am in the Lockhart area. i look forward to meeting you in person. .... and if you need help tinkering, i am just a pm away!

Robin
rfuerst911sc
Looks like the tag says L110 but from the paint chart maybe the 0 is a D? So the paint code is L11D Berber Yellow? Does Berber Yellow look like the paint color in my pics? And Robin I will take you up on your offer as I don't know 914's at all but I'm going to learn. clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.