Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1/3 Scale Ferrari
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HarveyH
Don't know if this has been posted before but:
1/3 Scale 312PB

Harvey
QSL914
that car is amazing. I collect 1/4 scale cars and they are sweet but nothing like that bad boy.

www.quarterscalelegends.com
whatabout1
Wow, I am sure that it will sell for a bit more then "several thousand pounds" !!!
anthony
I first saw this 4 or 5 years ago. I'm still in total awe and am blown away every time I watch the video.

To me it sounds like Jeremy Clarkson narrating. Does anyone know if this was from a Top Gear episode? I'd love to see it in higher resolution.

i love porsche
yeah that was clarkson...you see him have alot more hair..so it was probably from an earlier episode

but that car is mindblowing
faster48
That is just too cool aktion035.gif . That has to be worth alot of money... 20,000 hours??!!
ppickerell
The poor bastard needs to get laid methinks.
GeorgeRud
There's a fellow here in Chicagoland that has a replica of a V12 Ferrari engine made entirely out of exotic hardwoods, just for an art display. It's truly amazing, but this makes it seem very tame.

I love to see talented people when they have free rein over something. Marvelous insanity!
bondo
It'd be a lot more fun it it were full scale smile.gif
BMXerror
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Dec 1 2006, 03:32 PM) *

The poor bastard needs to get laid methinks.

This video is under the "geeks" category, and it was only a matter of time before someone said something like this! mad.gif Don't you dare pity this man! While the rest of the world is out there diluting and procreating, these are the people that make the world a colorful place to live. It's determination like this that built the origional 312 Ferrari and took it to victory time and time again. More power to him! However, I do agree that with that kind of determination and skill, he may as well have made a full scale version and been done with it. burnout.gif
Mark D.
anthony
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Dec 1 2006, 04:16 PM) *
However, I do agree that with that kind of determination and skill, he may as well have made a full scale version and been done with it. burnout.gif
Mark D.

Yeah, but where is the challenge in that? Sounds like that would have been way too easy for him. biggrin.gif
snflupigus
ferrari should buy it AND give him a complimentary car for the free publicity... smile.gif
blitZ
I believe everyone needs a hobby, but 15 years. He should get the patience award which should resemble 1/3 scale jackstands.
richardL
More info and more videos:

Model Ferraris

Amazing after all these years
Sammy
That is too cool. I posted some pictures of that car a little while ago here http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...c=64146&hl=
but the video link was dead. thanks for providing a good one.

JPB
Time to brag biggrin.gif

I've been working on a Bugattiesk Retro Rod, mix of the type 40 grand sport and 28, that I am making from scratch. Its all carbon steel space framing and midengine at 3/4 scale and all the chrome is stainless steel polished like chrome. The car is in deep storage so sorry for no pics of that but here is the steering wheel I made from a solid Stainless plate for spoke and rim, the core is plywood and it was all lathed and LAMINATED with Sapelea Palmalea if thats how they spell it. Took me about 300 hours to make, 290 of laminating but it is stunning!! beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.