Full Version: Efi Option
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
G e o r g e
Anyone using this?

Click to view attachment

Kit link

Brad Roberts
Nope.

But I just spoke to someone about it last night!

CB Performance has been selling this kit for years with their manifolds and throttle bodies.

I'm surprised it didnt come out before this.

I'm interested in it.
rktmn247
Their site only mentions L-jet. Does it work with D-jet and is this a stupid question. I are efi illiterate. burnout.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(rktmn247 @ Dec 1 2006, 04:09 PM) *

Their site only mentions L-jet. Does it work with D-jet and is this a stupid question. I are efi illiterate. burnout.gif

I are Efi illiterate as well, but i would believe that using this system would change your car to this L-Jet system

Bigger Question from me is how would one determine the benefits of the system compared to

Mega squirt

SDS

and any others out there? blink.gif
Brad Roberts
The one benefit I see clearly:

You are buying a GM brain. Tried and tested on millions of vehicles versus something handbuilt.

I'm not sure why you couldnt do something for the Djet. I would imagine it has to do with the injectors.

90% of the kits out there use GM components.. might as well use the brain they where designed for!

I am going to dig into it (or kick him off the site if he doesnt become a member)

LOL

Had to throw that in.. Sorry George..LOL

B
Jake Raby
I have one in the bottom drawer of my tool box to be tested. It was sent to me by an STF member last Christmas. I haven't tried it out, not yet anyway..

Anyone need a job???
jwalters
QUOTE(rktmn247 @ Dec 1 2006, 07:09 PM) *

Where on the site did you see this?? I have been all over cb's ite for the better part of two years and have never seen anything like in the picture above --

Course, maybe it is right in front of my eyes and just need better glasses........ unsure.gif
scotty b
FWIW this guy has a decent rep in the Jeep community. I have seen several guys who have bought a setup for AMC V8's and were very complimentary of it. I already have him in my fav's and intend to buy a Jeep setup in the next year or so ( Jeeps get Dirk Wright too you know dry.gif )
914fan
that pluemn looks like a d-jet one. If only the injectors are different, then get the l-jet ones. But dont they all have the same plugs? (L-D Jet) I think the main differance between them is the air flow sensor instead of pressure sensor. There are other thingd I am shure, but I thing that everything else is about the same. Oh wait I think the l-jet injectors are a diferant ohm load? than the d-jet.
914werke
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 1 2006, 06:40 PM) *

I have one in the bottom drawer of my tool box to be tested. It was sent to me by an STF member last Christmas. I haven't tried it out, not yet anyway..

Anyone need a job???

Uh... Yea! smile.gif Jake Im expecting a pkg from Mark very soon and maybe this is a perfect opertunity to pull that kit out dust it off and give it a good work out?
gregrobbins
Jake, didn't you say you were going to do a EFI comparison test of the different systems once you got the new dyno up and running?
Mueller
my random thoughts on this kit...(which seems like Kalmaker .......DIY programmer for GM/Delco computers by Kalmaker in Australia)

I like the basic kit and feel it's a really good deal for a stock motor.....if it wires right up and is simple, that makes it even nicer...

for the 1st option, not sure if price includes the coil packs or not and I am guessing the advance curve is pre-set, but how optimal is it?

for options 2 and 3, the price increase and difficultly (not mention hassel for a non-real time programming for option 2) the kits looks less attractive than an SDS, Link or other simliarly priced EFI

the WB02 is $150 too much, I'd opt for an Innovate Motorsport LC-1 with digital gauge and killer software if you wish to use it which is optional...($399 from Innovate as a package deal)

if one wants individual throttle bodies, turbo, supercharger or has a healthy cam, you'd be forced to go with options 2 or 3 and then I'd be looking at something else mostly for the ease of tuning....if I read it correct, for an additional $100, there is an easier tuning software for option 3

I looked at the Kalmaker stuff before I bought my Link ECU since like Brad mentioned, it's hard to beat an offer to use a computer controlled system that has the amount of money and backing put into it as the GM/Delco ECU's......hmm, wonder if he'd just sell the #3 option smile.gif ....just found the link on his site to coates.net which sells fairyl inexpensive tools for hacking/modifingy GM/Ford and Honda ECU's....pretty darn neat !!!!

jwalters,

....CB sells a kit that has individual throttle bodies being controlled by a GM brain, it is user tunable but not very friendly nor self adjusting for temps and altitude or othe outside vairables..(it has like 3 knobs only)
jwalters
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 2 2006, 01:46 AM) *

jwalters,

....CB sells a kit that has individual throttle bodies being controlled by a GM brain, it is user tunable but not very friendly nor self adjusting for temps and altitude or othe outside vairables..(it has like 3 knobs only)

Yeah, that was what I was thinking --- don't know anybody using that set-up. Thanks,
Jake Raby
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Dec 1 2006, 10:16 PM) *

Jake, didn't you say you were going to do a EFI comparison test of the different systems once you got the new dyno up and running?

I tested 5 different systems back to back on the same engine in April 2005...

There are a few other vaible options available now that were not then so I would like to do the testing again with the new R&D dyno...

I only have 3 of the systems that I tested still in my possession, getting systems to test is a tad expensive to say the least.... The test work is very time consuming, monotonous and boring. I didn't see much difference at all between the 5 systems I tested other than some were easier to tune than others and cost 1/2 as much.

What I did learn is the fact that bells and whistles obn the fancier systems are way over rated.
anthony
At that price I don't find the GM setup very attractive. I'd go SDS or Megasquirt first.

What would be cool is when we figure out how to get that brain out of a junk yard car for $50.

Mueller
QUOTE(anthony @ Dec 2 2006, 06:24 PM) *

At that price I don't find the GM setup very attractive. I'd go SDS or Megasquirt first.

What would be cool is when we figure out how to get that brain out of a junk yard car for $50.

I'm sure that is possible...I found this site which allows one to hack into more than just the GM ECU's...Ford and Subaru with many more coming soon....

http://tunerpro.markmansur.com/

bam914
Anyone need a job???
[/quote]

When do you need me to start? I can't stand my job anymore.

Blake Meredith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.