Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fritz has been SOLD!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nine14cats
Fritz has been sold. I'm more than a little sad, but it's offset by the money I got for the car plus the fact that I put a full blown race car up for sale on Tuesday Nov 28th and it sold in less than 3 days!

I was fully prepared to sit out the normal 3 to 9 months with the car for sale.

So long Fritz....I will remember you for the rest of my life!

Hmmm....now what about that 996 motor conversion for the Boxster? chairfall.gif

Bill P.
nocones
WOW! That was fast.
On to bigger and better things I s'pose, just sorry I never got to see Fritz run.
Randal
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Dec 1 2006, 03:07 PM) *

Fritz has been sold. I'm more than a little sad, but it's offset by the money I got for the car plus the fact that I put a full blown race car up for sale on Tuesday Nov 28th and it sold in less than 3 days!

Bill P.

Great car, well prepared and sorted. Quality cars always goes fast, especially when they are priced right.

It is a sad day. sad.gif Fritz was a huge amount of fun to drive.

Randal
Randal
]
QUOTE(Randal @ Dec 1 2006, 03:36 PM) *

QUOTE(nine14cats @ Dec 1 2006, 03:07 PM) *

Bill P.

Great car, well prepared and sorted. Quality cars always goes fast, especially when they are priced right.

It is a sad day. sad.gif Fritz was a huge amount of fun to drive.

Randal

ADIOS AMIGO

Click to view attachment
DanT
wow Bill, that was fast....anyone we know?

That is a great car....I will always remember my drive in it at Laguna last December.

Congrats Bill, now the Beast and Lucille will be progressed much faster. biggrin.gif
Trekkor
Sorry to see it go and congratulations on the quick sale clap56.gif

If I had to guess who bought it I would say, R.W. ?

KT
nine14cats
The new owner is well known in Northern California PCA circles. He brought his mechanic with him to my house for the check out. We went through it thoroughly and when you produce every receipt and have documented proof of the car's exploits (not to mention that he has seen the car on the track with him) the value recognition was easy.

The pricing was very for the speed and condition of the car. I could have gotten more, I could have gotten less. I was right in the middle and the car has a good pedigree with the lap times, engine build and Smart Racing Products catalog bolted to the car. I'm extremely happy that I sold the car in less than a week. Extremely happy!

I'll let the new owner tell everyone about his new toy. I don't want to steal his thunder.

Initials are not RW..... laugh.gif

Bill P.
J P Stein
Bill:
A bit of advice.
Take a good sized chunk of that cash & buy the wife somethin' big & sparkly that she can wear on her finger.....wimmin like white & green sparkleys. Many wimmin will say this is not true....but they lie. These goodies make *points* like nuthin else.
nine14cats
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 1 2006, 05:41 PM) *

Bill:
A bit of advice.
Take a good sized chunk of that cash & buy the wife somethin' big & sparkly that she can wear on her finger.....wimmin like white & green sparkleys. Many wimmin will say this is not true....but they lie. These goodies make *points* like nuthin else.

I'm with you on that one JP! laugh.gif

My wife will get a couple of nice gifts for all the car stuff she puts up with. I've been pretty darn lucky there.

JLO and now Fritz are gone....Damn...the driveway and garage are starting to look big!

How's winter projects coming?

Bill P.
J P Stein
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Dec 1 2006, 05:44 PM) *

How's winter projects coming?

Bill P.

The drudgery has set in......strippin' paint & other shittage
& hackin'out chunks of metal & weldin' together other pieces that need to stay....
a fine mess, all while trying to preserve my newayearago paint job.
I seam welded the rear end years ago....now it's time for the front.

drew365
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 1 2006, 05:41 PM) *

Bill:
A bit of advice.

I don't know, when it starts turning green they get suspicious. But I'm with you on everything else. I'm working on a mansion for a very successfull jeweler now. Part of my agreement is a new ring for the wife. She doesn't know but I figure I better let her pick it out. My taste has come into question before.
Congatulations Bill. There seems to be no shortage of race cars forsale, so you did real well selling that fast.
J P Stein
Emeralds are rare rocks.
Diamonds are not......except really big'uns.
Rubys can be manufactured.
nine14cats
QUOTE(drew365 @ Dec 2 2006, 07:41 AM) *

Congatulations Bill. There seems to be no shortage of race cars forsale, so you did real well selling that fast.

Thanks Andy,

I definitely had some very good fortune in that the car had been seen by the new owner and they were looking at building a car to compete in the class it was built for. As with much in life, it was all about timing. I was on the positive side of timing this time!

Bill P.
Aaron Cox
where did Jlo go?
nine14cats
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 3 2006, 11:24 AM) *

where did Jlo go?

Hi Aaron,

JLO went out of California to a good home. The new owner has asked that I not pass along the whereabouts.

That was tough letting go of that one too....I've always wanted a V8 914 since I was 16.

Maybe someday.

Bill P.
Brad Roberts
I know were a V8 914 is with cage 1986/930 brakes F+R.. 930 4 speed with LSD.. 3-4 year old paint. Factory black car.. runs and drives. Needs interior TLC (it has none)

It was mine way back. Has a mild 350 in it right now. Hyd clutch...

The tranny is "hung" in the car much like Erik's EP car with a "motorplate" style setup picking ip the studs for the case (after axles)

I think he wants 14k

Never been wrecked VERY rust free tub. Factory Black 73 1.7 is what I started with. Old school (but works) Renegade radiator and fan setup.

16X6's on it currently. Bilstein threaded coil overs on the rear.. and Bilstein in the front.

Removable door bars (bolt in-out)

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.