Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proud new gauge layout..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
I've been needing a fuel gauge for the longest, so I finally got me one...and also got me a voltmeter while I was at it..I like the arraingement alot. Here is a shot of my inspiration gauge:

IPB Image

And here's a shot of mine installed:
IPB Image

Now the Voltmeter ...woa, what's that next to it? Why shucks that's just my seat heater switch!
IPB Image

And here's one of the whole set-up.. can't you tell I'm proud of myself for finally getting this done.
IPB Image

We need a smiley patting himself on the back biggrin.gif

Doug C

markb
clap56.gif
Literati914
Oh, I forgot to mention my fuel idiot light that I also installed... don't know if that works yet, hope I wired it up correctly 'cause sometimes I can be, well..an idiot!! I'll know when my fuel level drops a bit more.

Oh, and before anyone mentions the pegged temp gauge - I had just re-installed it before the pic and obviously switched the wireing.

Doug C
TINCAN914
Nice job Doug!!!
I just did the same thing with my CHT gauge. I have to admit, I was proud of myself for doing the same thing. And a shout out of thanks to the members and the input they provided on the best way to cut / drill the dash... piratenanner.gif
JPB
Nice sporty layout smilie_pokal.gif
gregrobbins
I like your layout. Tell us about the fuel guage you used. Is it accurate? What model, and where did you buy it.

Don't need no seat heater in Arizona, but a seat cooler would help in the summer. Any ideas? biggrin.gif
Literati914
Greg this is the gauge I used - it seems to be accurate and if I see that it's not well, it's adjustable, and only like $35 shipped. It's the last one on this page:

http://www.egauges.com/vdo_mult.asp?Type=F...pit&Units=E

As for the seat cooler, sorry can't help there but let me know if you figure something out 'cause I'll be the first in line for one.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Doug C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.