Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ummm, like what's he thinking?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
He want's much more for the car that it "cost" him to build it. The description and prices quoted are priceless!

gotta love George chairfall.gif
Andyrew
60k, and 53k in parts and labor

hmmm...

I dono, I think he's just stupid.. especially when he priced every thing high, and he bought everything low..

I'd take it off his hands, but afraid it would fall appart after a year so I would have to drag it back to him and have him fix it..

Andrew
Qarl
Notice he doesn't have the shipping price in their either....

That's another $15K.
URY914
160MPH lol3.gif lol3.gif lol3.gif

I doubt it. cool_shades.gif

Paul
redshift
Oh, picking on them again...

Lazy, but if you look down that list somewhere, seats are listed twice.. once as sport and some other... heh

M
Joe Bob
I had one better....sold for 13.5K......

Me and cousin Guido need to do a drive by slapping of that boy...... blink.gif
GWN7
Mabey it's a GT limo? laugh.gif

That would account for the four seats.
redshift
hahahaha YAY!

I was going to buy the silver 916 clone like a year ago, and I made an offer, they stopped talking to me, and started Ebaying it like once every three weeks..

Guys, I live 2500 miles from Porscheville, this place is like 4 hours from me.. you think I don't want to buy there?

Serious, Porsche life sucks here, and AA actually shines an ugly light.

M
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(kellzey @ Nov 13 2003, 06:06 PM)
Notice he doesn't have the shipping price in their either....

That's another $15K.

hmmm.....

forgot to add
"pound me in the bootyshake.gif , fee"

and

"Title,transfer,tax,licensnig,a sixpack for george, a new addition to the house, and computer update fees" laugh.gif
SirAndy
that's not a GT replica. it still has the original door-panels!!!
Brad Roberts
The price is correct. It would take 60k to dupe the car. His wording sucks.

The car did receive a lot of press many years ago. That has some value.

B
Andyrew
And every thing else that makes a 916 a 916.. like bumpers, top, interior, trunk....
Brad Roberts
He doesnt call it a 916. Its a replica 9146 GT.

B
Andyrew
M-471, aint that a 916? or is that one of those fancy smancy super limited options....

Andrew
Brad Roberts
The 916 was seperate. They only built 7 of them. Lots of 914's where M471 cars. It was an option package for 9146's. Some people call them the "GT street version".

I say "lots" its relative to the number of 9146's they built.

B
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 13 2003, 10:27 PM)
The price is correct. It would take 60k to dupe the car. His wording sucks.

The car did receive a lot of press many years ago. That has some value.

B

agree.gif . . . BUT, if you were gonna spend that kinda $$$, then build you're own! You would have tons of fun, and it would be customized to you. Plus, the golden rule is that the $$$ you put into a car, you wont get back out. Like a god damned black hole laugh.gif but you gotta love 'em anyways!

-Chris
914Timo
The 916 was seperate. They only built 7 of them.

I think they built 11 of them...... confused24.gif

But, who knows.... cool.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 13 2003, 10:53 PM)
M-471, aint that a 916? or is that one of those fancy smancy super limited options....

M471 was the GT-Package that you could buy through the dealer to turn your 914-6 into a GT. not the same as a original GT (factory built) but parts-wise identical. they're are less-rare than a 916 (only 11 built) and less rare than a "real" GT (how many of those did they built?) but still pretty rare otherwise. certainly more rare than a "normal" 914-6 (3332 made). also not as rare as the two 914/8 prototypes made for Dr. Porsche in '69 or the infamous factory built /6 in '75. and don't forget the prototype #004 (built in '69) that is in brad's posession.

confused now? confused24.gif
Andy
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 13 2003, 11:29 PM)
confused now? confused24.gif
Andy

Thouroughly, thanks!

-Chris
kafermeister
....and to think I thought it was cool merely because it is a 1972 /6. That was enough to get my attention. Wasn't someone recently looking for info on these?

Rick
SirAndy
QUOTE(kafermeister @ Nov 14 2003, 05:53 AM)
....and to think I thought it was cool merely because it is a 1972 /6. That was enough to get my attention. Wasn't someone recently looking for info on these?

yepp, only 237 sixes made in 72 ...

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.