Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well it's Christmas, traditional "what did ya do letter"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Finally finished my house.....10 years and XXXXXXXX$$$ later I have a place I can barely afford to live in.....

My babies are now 10, 12 and 12. We lost a cat to coyotes, but gained a hamster, two Bunnies and had a close call with a Chinchilla....man those things are evil looking/smelling.

I built a bunny hutch yesterday, didn't have to mow the lawn because now I have a gardener. Started packing up polo shirts, sweats, and coffee mugs for shipment....

Tomorrow I will hang with the likes of Dekman and Sir Howard at the Toys for Tots drive.....Christmas day will be the first time the monsters will have a non-Santa event....all the stuff will be from Momz and Dadz.

No laptops but HP made me a killer deal on some PCs....just gotta put them together and apply for all the rebates......

27 people coming over for the formal sit down Christmas dinner. Should be interesting....we hide the booze and search everyone at the door.

From The Zois family, please....have a Happy and a SAFE Holiday, to all.
bondo
I've been very naughty his year. Hoping for enough coal to heat my house for the rest of the winter. happy11.gif
Bleyseng
What a strange fun year this has been for me.

In January I went to Suriname via Aruba for a months vacation. Ended up working and then coming back to the USA to have some training for Surface Fabrication in New Mexico (Never did hook up with the Turtle Brewery).

I then went back to work in Suriname to help run a cabinet factory for 2 1/2 months from April to June. I lost 10 lbs in the heat even thou I ate and drank like a pig.
Once back in Seattle I tore into doing a siding restoration on our house which was built in 1908. I removed all the yellow vinyl siding to expose the 4" clear cedar bevel which then needed tons of repair or replacement. I have mostly finished finally in time for the recent snow. dry.gif

Car wise, I finished the engine rebuild on my 914 when I came back in Feb. Then when I came back in June I did repaint it just intime for the WCC in Portland. Attending the WCC was alot of fun and great to see all the guys and gals again. I also finished the rebuilding of the Westy's 2.0L this fall too late for camping thou this year. I have been driving the Westy as a DD as its pretty fun around town and I have stored the 914.

I recently went begrudingly back to work to pay off some bills as the house siding project was a full time job this summer. ohmy.gif

Christmas is going to be in Holland as we are taking off soon to help Monique's sister and the house full of kids.

Hey Jeroen! Wanna hook up and drink some Palms?? Need anything from the states??
Hey Jacco, are you around?
Gustl, maybe you want to hook up too?

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year from Geoff and Monique! popcorn[1].gif
So.Cal.914
Made it thru another year without to many bad things happening, so Iam happy.

Happy Holidays....
Jeroen
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Dec 2 2006, 10:06 PM) *

Hey Jeroen! Wanna hook up and drink some Palms?? Need anything from the states??

Always!
Depending the car budget, I may call on your "smuggling" abilities again laugh.gif

What we've been up to?

First half of the year has been pretty productive, teener wise
Second half not at all... Did gather more parts though and bought that 3.2 engine

Also looks like I figured out a career change, so I'm currently putting a lot of time into that.
Seems like I finally found something that I like to do AND make some money.
Hopefully I will find some (affordable) shop space for that soon so I can get things rolling.
The sooner I can get things going, the sooner I can get out of that darn office

Zoey's doing great in school and after 18 years, I still like my wife
So all's good in that department

Law suit over the 911 u-boat is still dragging and not looking too positive

Finally, we're about to start some work on the house (bathroom, kitchen and some other stuff). That's probably gonna be an aggrivating experience since I'm anal and a controlfreak, so dealing with the contractors is not something I'm looking forward to.

Overall, I'm looking forward to get things going and moving on
markb
Survived a really nasty year with my sanity (?) and the 914.
Looking forward to a good 2007.

Happy Holidays to all. wreath.gif
TROJANMAN
Created a Shit Storm on 914CLUB.com

Made some friends, and lost some

Taking next year off from the corporation

Have a SAFE holiday season and 2007 EVERYONE!

wavey.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Dec 3 2006, 02:25 AM) *

Created a Shit Storm on 914CLUB.com

the occasional shit storm is good... keeps everybody awake and on their toes happy11.gif

oh... I totally forgot in my previous post!
Happy holidays to all!!!
beerchug.gif

but first, lets see what sinterklaas brings me this year laugh.gif
Bleyseng
I have been bad so Black Peter will be taking me to Spain...I hope.

I can't wait for my chocolate letter!!!!! clap56.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Dec 3 2006, 07:49 AM) *
I have been bad so Black Peter will be taking me to Spain...I hope.

I hope for that every year laugh.gif
JPB
My year has been an uneventfull one riddled with frivolous spending on a car I only drove twice this year.

First objective: get the teener into the paint shop, accomplished after only 6 months of harasment biggrin.gif

Second objective: Get the damn car out of the paint shop, still harasing on a weekly basis and still not accomplished mad.gif

Conclusion: The car looks sickly great even if its only primed and happy I don't make objectives for a living cause I'd be a starving fuscher! beer.gif

May you all have a great XMess and a Happy New Jear!!!
KaptKaos
Let's see. It's been an interesting year.

My business is going well and we fired our biggest customer. Go figure. If you ever get a chance to fire a customer, I encourage it. It freaks them out.

We moved, me and my brood of 4 girls; wife and 6, 4 and 2. Bigger house, 2 bathrooms and a 2 car garage that my wife has dubbed the manhole. Cigars and cocktails.

My girls are still in full Santa mode, so we still get to have some fun. One will get a bike this year and I am not sure abou the others yet. I am sure that princesses, unicorns, rainbows, dolphins and ponies will play a role in whatever we get them.

Our friends all around us have had nothing but drama. One tried to off herself, others have lost parents and several have split up. We've been blessed and we count those blessings daily.

We wish you and yours a very Merry Chistmas plus a happy whatever else you might celebrate.
swood
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Dec 3 2006, 08:56 PM) *

...a 2 car garage that my wife has dubbed the manhole. Cigars and cocktails.

Dude, I'm not coming over unless you change the name.

beerchug.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE(swood @ Dec 3 2006, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Dec 3 2006, 08:56 PM) *

...a 2 car garage that my wife has dubbed the manhole. Cigars and cocktails.

Dude, I'm not coming over unless you change the name.

beerchug.gif

You're not the first person with that response. My wife named it. I am open to suggestions.
Joe Bob
I've renamed my Pit, The Manhole......classic.
Project 6
Snicker......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.