Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: O/T quick who has seen Jack Blacks Tenacious D movie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Trying to figure out what show to see and wonder why it has R rating? Boobs or cussing? confused24.gif
jwalters
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Dec 2 2006, 08:18 PM) *

Trying to figure out what show to see and wonder why it has R rating? Boobs or cussing? confused24.gif

blink.gif Well now, a movie just is not a movie W/O the aforementioned............

happy11.gif
Aaron Cox
a whole lot of crude language....

PinetreePorsche
Speaking of movies-- has anyone seen a 914 in the background of any film, any time, anywhere? Maybe a European flic--French, if not German--or Swedish maybe?
biosurfer1
well there is a 914 in the background of "Money Talks" at the part where the bad guys close the bridge to spring their friend...I know there was a thread about 914 sightings in movies before
brp914
I saw a silver 914 in the background in "the gumball rally" last nite.
spare time toys
Back on topic here sad.gif Went to see it and wish I would have saved my money barf.gif I must be getting old sad.gif After about the first 5 minutes of songs about suck my cock I was ready to go. Doesnt Jack Black have ant other character he can play other than a singer or wrestelor wanna be confused24.gif All of his movies are basicaly the same alfred.gif
type11969
Sorry, didn't catch this in time, but I guess you aren't familiar with Tenacious D, their album, and their sketches on HBO (~10 years old?). Sketches happened before Jack Black was a somebody. The sketches revolved around two characters (Jack and Kyle), both overweight acoustic guitar players who belive they were rock gods and played the open mic nights accordingly (cursing, inuendos, etc). The sketches were hilarious, I thought their album rocked (it was based off the songs in the sketches), but the movie does look pretty weak. Sorry you had to suffer through it!

-Chris

spare time toys
QUOTE(type11969 @ Dec 2 2006, 10:39 PM) *

Sorry, didn't catch this in time, but I guess you aren't familiar with Tenacious D, their album, and their sketches on HBO (~10 years old?). Sketches happened before Jack Black was a somebody. The sketches revolved around two characters (Jack and Kyle), both overweight acoustic guitar players who belive they were rock gods and played the open mic nights accordingly (cursing, inuendos, etc). The sketches were hilarious, I thought their album rocked (it was based off the songs in the sketches), but the movie does look pretty weak. Sorry you had to suffer through it!

-Chris

I never did order HBO sad.gif The basic background song in the movie is the same "The Rent Was Overdue" music form his School of Rock movie. I guess he thinks he could do something along the lines of a Blues Brothers making a movie based on a skit. I thought the camieo by Gene Simons was funny.
Aaron Cox
the movie followed their CD and life LOL

different crowd i guess larry smile.gif

D I O made the cameo ... still pretty funny

type11969
Dio was in it?? Thats pretty hilarious.

Damn, I think I have to go listen to that album now . . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.