Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mallory 4554101 Unilite at Amazon for $225
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hydroliftin
Here is a heads up for anyone looking for a Mallory Unilite distributor set up at a good price:

Mallory 4554101 Unilite $225:

http://www.amazon.com/Mallory-Breakerless-...1337685-2418441

Mallory 29015 High Performance Advance Curve Kit $24

http://www.amazon.com/Mallory-29015-Perfor...1337685-2418441

$20 off the set if you buy by Dec. 31 (like getting the curve kit for $4):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/featu...1337685-2418441

The Unilite is not in stock, so you will have to wait a while. I bought a coffee maker from Amazon one time on a similar deal, and it took MONTHS for it to arive, but they did honor the price, and I did get a great coffee maker at a great price. If you want this distributor and can wait to get it, this looks like a good deal.

ptravnic
Other than having to wait for it, is there a catch? Seems like a screaming good deal.

-pt
VaccaRabite
So, what is the story with the Mallory?

If I am planning on going with a more advanced EFi (SDS, Megasquirt, etc?) do I even need to use this? I know that it can not be used with the D-jet, and I don't want to move to carbs.

Zach
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 3 2006, 10:19 AM) *

If I am planning on going with a more advanced EFi (SDS, Megasquirt, etc?) do I even need to use this? I know that it can not be used with the D-jet, and I don't want to move to carbs.

Zach

depends on if your EFI setup is fuel only or does ignition too...

the only way you wont need a dizzy is if you do CRANK FIRE.....

but the mallory is the shizzle in dizzy land
Flycut
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 3 2006, 10:55 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 3 2006, 10:19 AM) *

Zach

depends on if your EFI setup is fuel only or does ignition too...

the only way you wont need a dizzy is if you do CRANK FIRE.....

but the mallory is the shizzle in dizzy land

agree.gif I paid over $400.00 by the time it arrived at my door step.
Brando
If I had $250, I'd be on this like a fat kid on cake!
Jake Raby
Keep in mind that these units are not curved correctly out of the box for a TIV engine...

Thats well below dealer cost for a price tag, BUT I have had at least two people ring us up wanting support for uni lites bought at the same place, both of which had issues...

We only support what goes through our doors- buying things cheap has it's disadvantages if you have bad luck or need support.
Flycut
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 3 2006, 02:58 PM) *

Keep in mind that these units are not curved correctly out of the box for a TIV engine...

Thats well below dealer cost for a price tag, BUT I have had at least two people ring us up wanting support for uni lites bought at the same place, both of which had issues...

We only support what goes through our doors- buying things cheap has it's disadvantages if you have bad luck or need support.

Best $400.00 I've spent to date. Perfect in every way I could imagine, Thank you Jake Raby!
SGB
By far the way to make this a plug and play is go to Jake. No spring kit, no research, no taking apart your brand new distributor, just drop it in. Why I bet he would help time it over the phine if you asked him. I DID NOT buy mine from him, and got a pretty good prive, but by the time I bought the spring kit and the right size torx screwdriver, I was even, and still did not account for the time I spent figuring out the springs and setting the advance. And I've got all these other springs of no use to me but certainly not trash, so I keep moving 'em around.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Flycut @ Dec 3 2006, 04:02 PM) *

Best $400.00 I've spent to date. Perfect in every way I could imagine, Thank you Jake Raby!

You're welcome!!

rudedude
I bought one from Jake , I'm not sure what I spent, put it in and my sons car finally idled smoothly and accelerated much betterthan before. I would highly recommend the unilite from Jake!
Thanks Jake,
Jule
Jake Raby
Your welcome!
The Mallory Unilite is one of the best selling items in my store!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.