Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pros and Cons
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
So what are the pros and cons when it comes to using spacers in the rocker arms instead of the stock springs? popcorn[1].gif
SGB
I've got the cilyndrical spacers b/c of the hydraulic cam. Never been a concearn for me....
Mueller
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Dec 2 2006, 08:46 PM) *

So what are the pros and cons when it comes to using spacers in the rocker arms instead of the stock springs? popcorn[1].gif

Jakes show about valve trains covers this.....but basicly, the springs allow the rocker to move to the side, when that happens you are not getting full lift of the valve...
URY914
I've got spacers. I think it is a much better device than a spring. I bet they used springs because they were universal fit and they were cheaper. Remember it is a VW.
StratPlayer
Thanks for the replies, I was debating whether or not to go with the spacers. It looks like I'm going to buy some and install them in this new engine.
Aaron Cox
i use the spacers too...

they usually come big and you need to 'machine' them until you get a few thousands of side to side clearance

keeps the adjuster centered over the valve stem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.