Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody in the NE Indiana area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zimms
Wanted to know if anyone gets together for 914 related stuff.

Mark
jim912928
Mark..I used to live in South Bend (moved to milwaukee about a year ago). There are several 914's that show up for SCCA and PCA autocrosses at the Tire Rack's facility in South Bend. Likewise there are two really cool events in the summer and fall. One is called the Midwest Classic and draws a huge (40+) crowd from all around the great lakes area. One I went to was in michigan not far from detroit side. The 2nd cool event is the Fall Foilage Classic which is down just south of Indianapolis. Another big 914 crowd draw! Search in here for both events and you'll get a ton of pictures and testimonials.
buck toenges
Hi Jim, I didn't know you moved. Your the guy with multiple porschi.

This is my stash.
In Fort Wayne: I have a 914 adriatic blue with a 3.2, 911 front suspension, and fender flares. There is a fellow named Kurt that drives a light grey 914 that he autoxs at the local scca. There is a very nice orange 914 that I saw at Denny Gillson's place this past summer but don't know anything else.
Oh yeah, there is also a prof at ipfw that drives a cayman that doesn't know the proper way to aknowledge his Porsche superiors biggrin.gif

In LaGrange there is a couple with a silver 914 that usually goes to the midwest clasic (cant remember their name).

In Bremen there is a fellow named Kelly that is building a yellow 914 v8. I haven't heard from him in about a year.

Then there is a fellow in Portage that post here that has a 914. I have also seen a 914 that plays at the tire rack in South Bend.
How's that for info? biggrin.gif
Buck
jim912928
Hi Buck...I'm following in your footsteps...I bought a donor 84 carrera and I'm doing a six conversion with a 3.2l. Engine is out and prepped..I'm just now gathering conversion stuff. So far I've gotten the engine mount, tin and exchangers. Still need the oil stuff and have to decide soon on a 901 tranny or a 915 tranny.
Zimms
Thanks guys. I'll have to get mine drivable for next year. Buck, I think I saw the orange one at Jefferson Point about 6 weeks ago. My wife also saw a metallic green one on 30 utside Warsaw. I plan on doing a little AutoX once I have the car running.

Mark
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Dec 3 2006, 06:22 AM) *

Then there is a fellow in Portage that post here that has a 914. I have also seen a 914 that plays at the tire rack in South Bend.
How's that for info? biggrin.gif
Buck

That would be me wavey.gif I got my EE degree from ITT Tech in Ft Wayne. I lived there from 83 - 86, man that was good times drunk.gif Do they still have the three rivers fest? Me and some friends entered the raft race in '85. I think WMEE was the sponsor. After school I worked for D & L Communications back then they were a growing radio shop. I really miss Ft Wayne, well except the congestion on Coliseum Blvd.

Back to the 914 stuff smile.gif I help with the Fall Classic in Columbus Ind, Doug & Sandy Leggins did 99.9999% of the work for it. I would like to organize the Mid West Classic, but not sure I can pull it off this year. If not we will at least have a BBQ at a nice park or something. I would also like to get a Porsche only swap meet going since the Tweeks (aka Midamerica) one is dead.

O'well so many great ideas so little time.

Remember there is no requirement for a 914, running or not, to attend any "914 Event" just come out and meet great people and have fun.

buck toenges
This is great. Lets take up some band width here from those Southern Calif guys for a change.

First, Jim If you need any info on the install I may be of help. Get a couple extra dme relays, I blew out a couple when I wired things up. I got a Steve Wong chip to spruce up the engine. I think I'll dyno the engine this spring. If you use the oem maf you can turn it 180* to fit the engine compartment better but it will make more noise right behind your head. I have a 901 that some fellow made into a 4 speed with lsd and some ring and pinion out of a sport-o-matic. It is pretty good but then again I don't beat on it.

Second, It's a 914 I was just at IIT this morning to drop off a son for a Lego mind storm competition. It has really changed from the days you were here. They have knocked down a lot of old junk and built a lot of new buildings. They probably still had the old gym from 1900 when you were there.
Whoops I just reread your post itt not iit. I always get those two mixed up. Actually some neighbor friend just got a big promotion from itt and had to move to Rochester Ny.

There use to be some old fart in Markle Indiana that had a bunch of 914 stuff in the early '80's Kind of a kook. Don't know if he is still around.

Zimms, So what you got? I was hoping you were the fellow with the orange 914. Where are you regarding the 914 world? Newbie? Are you located in Fort Wayne? Got to love the 914 crowd.
Buck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.