Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OEM seals or not, how to tell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
I ordered new seals for my 914. Everything is cool. Call Dave at GPR by the way, great deal & service, thanks Dave.

So while putting the new seals away I found in my stash of parts yet another seal (forgot I had it) that I got during a parts swapping deal a while ago. Now it has the same part number as the OEM number on the new one I bought and the tag says made in Western Germany so am I safe to assume then it is OEM. It is still sealed in the bag and yes I plan to sell it, but want to make sure when I say it is OEM in my add that I am correct.

There is no lable from Porsche on it, but then again there is not one on the one from GPR either.
Gint
What new seals? I'm going to be in the market one of these days.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
GaroldShaffer
Well......

The doubles I have are 914.511.901.10 Front trunk seal and 914.512.317.10 rear trunk seal.

If you need seals call Dave at GPR. Very honest and prices were at or cheaper the bird.
Gint
Come on Garold...

What seals did you buy? Engine seals, exterior rubber, window stuff, what? Here'e the $64 question... Whath did you spend?
GaroldShaffer
Ok ok..... But you can't tell my wife cool_shades.gif

Front & rear trunk,
L & R vent windows
L & R door seals on body
2 fuzzys for doors
Rear trunk seal (front)
Front hood to bulkhead
L & R roll bar seal
Windshiled mounting clips & spacers

And from Kerry Herr his repor tarag top seal.

So close to $700 blink.gif

I have a aftermarket windshield to targa seal plus a nice used one also. My other seals are in great shape so no need to replace them. With that being said IF I could find a set of OEM fender to cowl seals I would buy them also.
jim912928
Garold...finally getting your car redone?
GaroldShaffer
Yep. It is spending the winter with Shelby (flatout) in MO getting minor body work a fresh coat of signal orange paint. boldblue.gif
Rusty
A couple of years ago, Tweaks had some very nice cowl-to-windshield seals. I *think* they were OEM, and just a couple of dollars each.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.