Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: This just in! (9 and 14 content)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Being from the Minneapolis St Paul area I monitor the temperature and local news there on my browser. This morning the Temperatures for today is reported as:

High - 9 Low - 14
iamchappy
Aw, it's not that cold, I'm already getting used to it...( I kinda like it )..
You guys in Winnipeg are SOL , Nanook....
JPB
cold, snow, rain,all four letter words beer.gif Crap so is beer.
grantsfo
I monitor it too because it determines how many relatives are going to be visiting in January and Febuary. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 3 2006, 08:12 AM) *

Aw, it's not that cold, I'm already getting used to it...( I kinda like it )..
You guys in Winnipeg are SOL , Nanook....

Chappy,
When I lived there, 9 and 14 really was a good day. Way better than -30 degrees.
All it took was one winter away and I was all thawed out. Now I have informed my family that I will not tolerate weddings or dead Norwegians in the winter months. Anyway, any day with a 9 and a 14 in it is good right? Especially if you can drive it.
Sammy
Anyone back there want to know what the temperature is in So Cal? Naw, I didn't think so. spank.gif smash.gif ar15.gif alfred.gif
So.Cal.914
Oh my, you've got to be a very hardy soal to consider -9 H - -14 L a good

day, my hats off to ya. When I have to trade in my shorts and sandels for

pants and shoes you know I am bummed...and cold. And thats in the low 70's.
rick 918-S
We haven't had to get the jackets out yet. Really nice when the girls go for a walk. drooley.gif
It always gets colder before it warms up. sad.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Dec 3 2006, 10:07 AM) *

Oh my, you've got to be a very hardy soal to consider -9 H - -14 L a good

day, my hats off to ya. When I have to trade in my shorts and sandels for

pants and shoes you know I am bummed...and cold. And thats in the low 70's.

Paul,

Being all thawed out I hear you on the shorts and sandals thing. But if you had read more carefully you would see that the good day that Chappy and me were talking about was actually 9 degrees low and 14 degrees high. Granted most 914s wouldn't start but the reason it is good is because it is hella better than 30 degrees below. Oh... and you can FEEL the difference between 9 above and 9 below easily. Very crisp. Takes your breath away when you breath in. Your breath freezes on any facial hair.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 3 2006, 10:12 AM) *

We haven't had to get the jackets out yet. Really nice when the girls go for a walk. drooley.gif
It always gets colder before it warms up. sad.gif

Nippilly weather we're having?
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Dec 3 2006, 07:55 AM) *

Being from the Minneapolis St Paul area I monitor the temperature and local news there on my browser. This morning the Temperatures for today is reported as:

High - 9 Low - 14

I guess I just forgot how to read, but it looked like High -9 and low -14

to me. But these are just numbers to me. When I climbed Kings Peak in

Utah I think the coldest it got was about 10. If it wasn't so beautiful I would have

swarn in was Hell.

I just transposed the numbers from above.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Dec 3 2006, 10:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Dec 3 2006, 07:55 AM) *

High - 9 Low - 14

I guess I just forgot how to read, but it looked like High -9 and low -14

to me. But these are just numbers to me. When I climbed Kings Peak in

Utah I think the coldest it got was about 10. If it wasn't so beautiful I would have

swarn in was Hell.

I just transposed the numbers from above.

No problem... It is COLD there without a doubt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.