Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Craig's List search question..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
OK, I know I'm late to the table with the craig's list thing but I just started using it.. my question is : Do you have to search by city when looking for a particular item? I mean is there a way to search nation-wide or not, perhaps that's not the point of craig's list - so people wouldn't need to ship, you must search your city and pick the item up? BTW, I'm looking for a Clarion SRV303 powered subfoofer for my 914, so this is not totally off topic smile.gif .

Doug C
3liter914-6
QUOTE(Dougster @ Dec 3 2006, 06:45 PM) *

OK, I know I'm late to the table with the craig's list thing but I just started using it.. my question is : Do you have to search by city when looking for a particular item? I mean is there a way to search nation-wide or not, perhaps that's not the point of craig's list - so people wouldn't need to ship, you must search your city and pick the item up? BTW, I'm looking for a Clarion SRV303 powered subfoofer for my 914, so this is not totally off topic smile.gif .

Doug C

There are 2 ways to do it. One is setup by a 914club member, zimkiv.com. I think he wants to keep it low-key, 914er only, so don't spread it around.

The other is crazedlist.org. Doesn't seem to be working for me right now, though. It has a few more cities to select from.
JThw8
for a quick and dirty solution you can use google too.

Say you wanted to search for 914 on craigslist, any area, your google search would be

site:craigslist.org 914

That will bring back any match from craigslist with those parameters.

Obviously its easy to get results overload so making your search pretty specific is a must.

Its not great but it will do in a pinch.
addwestern
I've got a tool available that can search all US cities-the CL folks are getting a little crazy and shutting these tools down, but if interested pm me.

Nate
nate@914-parts.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.