Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harness Bar Installations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kdfoust
Hi:

I'm putting a harness bar in my car. I've already had the Stable Energies bar which I've sold because I just didn't like the way it looked AND it prevented a clean install of the standard 3-point belt should harness.

Clarification: The harness bar is for a 5-point harness BUT I want to be able to use the regular seat belts as well. So I want the harness bar to allow the original 3-point belt to be installed without having to remove the bar. My harnesses are clip-in type so they'll be removed when not doing AX or TT duty.

What are you using for a harness bar? Any pictures of the install? I'm looking for ideas.

Thanks,
Kevin
Brad Roberts
Well.. most harness bars I have seen dont mount the after market belts correctly in the car. All the racing belts install paperwork calls for the shoulder belts to be just below your shoulders. The harness bars dont allow you to do this. Normally the belt wraps around the top of the cross bar and then comes down to meet your shoulder.

Oh.. testing has concluded they dont add any structural strength to the car. They are 4-6 inches below the main cross bar for the targa and just above the firewall. We add a square tube across the base of the rear window in the engine compartment and gain a little more strenght.. mostly done for more side impact protection.

B
seanery
Kevin,

Do you have a rollcage?
kdfoust
QUOTE(seanery @ Nov 14 2003, 06:35 AM)
Kevin,

Do you have a rollcage?

No.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.