Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I watched a show on Speed channel today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mid_Engine_914
If I see this trend start to happen with 914 prices, I'm gonna buy a few more and make a killing a few years down the road.

<------- Joking
Dr. Roger
a judge???

dang, we used to trash those 'ol GTO's.... my buddy in high school sold his for $800 and another friend sold his for $1200. both small block 400 engines. Factory gate shifters and posi.
Brew
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Dec 3 2006, 07:25 PM) *

my buddy in high school sold his for $800 and another friend sold his for $1200.

Those were the days, huh? More cubic horsepower for dollar than ever!!!

"Mid_Engine_914 Posted Dec 3 2006, 07:06 PM
If I see this trend start to happen with 914 prices, I'm gonna buy a few more and make a killing a few years down the road.

<------- "

Don't think it's too big a joke. I've passed on and aquired cars (mostly passed on, back in the day(p.s.-mid-80's is now "back in the day")) that would be worth a fair fortune these days, but at the time were dime a dozen. Were foresight nearly as accurate as hindsight, I'd be rich. blink.gif

914's will do nothing but appreciate, IMO.
pbanders
It's all about price, supply, value, and worth. If it's worth it to you, and the supply is low, then the price you're willing to pay for an item increases, regardless of its value.

To me, a "Judge" has no worth, and at $1M, is a piss-poor value, even if there are only a handful left. But clearly, to someone out there, it's worth a lot more. That's what makes our market system so interesting.
PinetreePorsche
Watch out if the slump inthe housing market turns into a mean bubble-burst--like in Japan int eh late '80s. Not only will houses be cheap, but neat cars, too. Don't put your bucks in tech stocks (most, anyway) OR old cars (just about all of 'em) if the economy is on a bad slide. -Chris H.
sww914
I think a lot of it is in response to the crazy Mopar prices the last few years.
I see it much like real estate the last few years, snd tech stocks the few years before that- a few people get really rich at first, more jump on the bandwagon and get rich, a bunch more jump on and everyone realizes "Hey this is crazy! This bandwagon is gonna crumble!". Then a lot of people lose money because they hung on too long.
I think these crazy car prices will fall in a couple of years, and cars that really deserve some recognition- old Porsches- will continue to appreciate as they should. A GTO is not a million dollar car. Buy.com was never worth over $100.00 per share. Every house in California is not worth a half a million.
GWN7
There are 3 on ebay now....62K (convert), 40K & 10K
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.