Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Conditioner Condensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Owensby
I bought a parts car with an air conditioner condenser located on the driver's side of the trunk. Photos below. It was wrecked in the left front side, and damaged the box around this. Looks like a vertical mounted coil assembly, enclosed in a triangular shaped plastic enclosure, and a squirrel cage fan to force air. The air exhausts through the wheel well via 4 holes about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. I am going to add AC to my car, and was thinking about using this set up,as it looks to have minimum reduction of front trunk space. Has anyone seen this type of set up, or does anyone have any comments, good or bad. thanks, Joe Owensby
MBowman325
That's different. I used to wonder who thought of putting a condensor in the wheel wells like some kits do, but venting out, so long as it doesn't collect mud or rub the tire, seems like a decent idea. Looks like, as you said, it takes minimal space and comfortabily fit the spare.

In my ponderings, I'd envisioned a parallel flow condensor in various places. What you have seems small and may not have quite enough airflow at the back due to the angle. Then again, those squirel cages can move some air. Might be worth playing with deflectors...

Move it over and let us know how it works! smile.gif
mrhurtalot
mine is under the spare i think...
never worked so yeah..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.