Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photos from Rainbonnet Track Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
marc_hines
Here are a few photos I took from the Rainbonnet Track Day at teh Portland International Raceway:
marc_hines
More...
marc_hines
More...
marc_hines
More...
marc_hines
Last One!
Brad Roberts
WOW Marc !!! You shoot some nice pics.

Who owns the red 914 ?? Great looking car. I sold one similar to that several years ago with ALL red.. the wheels where 4 lug. It was a 9146 conversion car with a crappy 911 2.0 engine in it.

B
joesfly
Where is JP? I know he was there. I think he might have chickened out of the track day. Im his son I should know.
madd_dogg_914
What kind of camera are you using. You are either really quick, or it has a nice fast shutter speed. Either way, me likee, me likee!

-Chris
Brad Roberts
When you draggin the old man down again ?? We will do a Hooters run with him and see if he can have a mild coronary.

B
joesfly
He should be down for Christmas. He gets kinda grumpy when I mention the 9 hour drive.
joesfly
It sure looked like a nice track day in Portland.
marc_hines
I will ignore the attempts to cause heart attacks smile.gif - and answer the photo questions:

I use a Pentax XZ-7 camera body with a Tamron 28-300mm zoom and for that day I used Fuji Pro 800 speed film. I have a 4000 dpi film scanner to get the images into the computer (I get a 20 megapixel image for each 35mm frame).

Marc...
marc_hines
By the way - the red 914 you see on the track is a 914-6 that is VERY well maintaned. It scooted right along.

I was also impressed by the two Porcshe SUV tooling about the track. They sis have more body roll than the other Porcshes - but the handled the track rather well for an SUV.

Marc...
Brad Roberts
Oh.. so you do know what you are doing...LOL

Very nice. I would have never guessed those to be 35mm shots.

B
joesfly
JP keeps telling me that I will be a 914 owner some day. Im in no rush.
J P Stein
QUOTE(joesfly @ Nov 13 2003, 11:26 PM)
JP keeps telling me that I will be a 914 owner some day.  Im in no rush.

Mighty damn thoughtful of you, kid.

The pretty Orange 914 is Jim Chambers car.
The green 9eleben mit yellow stripe is ole Chuck's rig....and he appears to be sittin' in it.

I didn't do the track cause I haven't had a chance to fix the
high speed thingy. I can't be wrapping the shit box around some guard rail....my son would loose his inheiridence.

I'll get it fixed and take out there for some "testing". The track is almost as much fun as AX (where I got my ya-yas that day)....just less intense.
ChrisReale
Chicken shit....I mean smart older fellow. spank.gif
J P Stein
Broooook, bic,bic broooook.......who, me?

Actually....not being one to brag....there is this a guy running a mr.2 turbo in SCCA B stock, that regularly kicks my ass at AX. He was at the last track day in my run group. Me and the ulfster gobbled him up.....baaaad, on the big track. Humm, I kinda gobbled up everyone come to think of it. I don't think they'll let me run in the Novice class again. confused24.gif

Hopefully, I won't be forced to do no mo braggin' for the rest of the year......just wait'll next year laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
this is where JP was... off at the guard rail wink.gif
bruce
Porsche Rescue
Talked to the owner of the red six while admiring his car. Didn't get his name but he has had the car since '83. Older guy (maybe as old as me!) from Washington. Got it from original owner with true 33K on the odo. Now in the 50's and he says most of those miles were recorded on the track. He had it repainted years ago. I suspect it is a color change since I don't think red was available in '70. Could be special order I suppose. Very nice car, still has the "snow shovel" rear valance.

Thanks for the great pic Marc. I have filed it with some of Bruce Allerts work. Not sure if "JP by the rail" will make the album though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.