Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey whoever bought my MPS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I'd like to know how it tested to the other models you said you had in hand.

I'm just curious

:curious:
jk76.914
Here she be. Your MPS is the .003, an unidentified "long nose".

This one has the longer snout at the connector end to allow for a longer spring. Presumably, the longer spring could allow more resolution or a longer operating range.

In theory, this could have meant that the MPS would begin its ramp to full throttle richening sooner, but this one actually seems to start later (than the .043 anyway). As vacuum decreases, you can see that with the .043 MPS, the diaphram is lifting off its stop at about 10" Hg, and the slope gets steeper.

With the .003, it seems to steepen down at 4" Hg, but its slope doesn't parallel the .043 until way down at 2" Hg.

The .049 is all over the place, and I probably should retest, taking a measurement every 1" to try and see what's going on. I suspect my reading at 10" is out of whack (too high). By 4" Hg, though, it also has definitely turned upwards.

More work and thought required. Sorry I didn't get back to you. I set it aside until I could revisit and try to better explain (to myself, mainly) what's going on.

None of these have been calibrated, at least by me. I only measured them.

Jim

Horizontal axis is inches Hg. Each MPS measured at every 2" Hg interval.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.