Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Optima 34R battery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michaelt55
Tried placing the Optima 34R battery in this weekend and could not get it to fit in the stock tray. So I trimmed the battery a little and it fits ok now. However I wanted to use an aftermarket battery holder. To use that a lot of trimming would have to take place, so I guess I will use the stock battery holder.

Any other ideas of ways to secure this 34R Otima Battery?

Michael
StratPlayer
You can use your stock holder, take a dremmel and you can make the stock holder conform to the shape of the center cell. I have an optima battery and thats what I had to do, it hold the battery in place without any problems. You won't need to take much off the holder to make it fit around the battery.
GeorgeRud
Optima has some adapters to fit their batteries in different applications. I used the one that came with my 34R to nail down the back side, and also the stock onefor the front side. I also have one on my other car, and on that one I simply added some metal to the stock hold-down so it would conform to the battery base better. Simply welded a metal bar onto the stock hold-down with some cutouts for the circular part of the battery.
smontanaro
I used the hold-down device that came with my Optima.

Skip
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.