Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone have a cross section . . . .
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GTPatrick
BTW , does anyone out there have any pictures or a drawing of any of the rubber seals for the window frame to targa top and any other door/windo seals availabe that they can post here ?

The reason why I ask is that from the recent postings of selas and etc. , it seems that some of the seals for a 914 are very possibly similar looking to some of the seals/rubber weather gaskets that a Fiero has .

If anyone can provide a cross section photo or drawing of any of these seals , I can check against what the Fiero has and see if any of them coud be used in 914. Fiero seals and parts are still available for the cars from a few sources and the prices are not out of sight yet.

Just thought that this could be a way for Teeners to possibly solve some of ther parts problems. Before anyone trashes the Fieros , they in my opinion are nice handling sports cars and parts are still available for them. Yes I do agree that they are overweight and underpowered but there is always room for improvement like in the 914.

I still want a 914 so I can have a culturally diverse automotive haven for 2 seat sports cars . aktion035.gif

Anyway , thanks for any positive inputs on this posting. beer.gif

GTP
GTPatrick
Time for a BUMP here folks . sawzall-smiley.gif
cooltimes
Photos of the rubber seal is here.
It is one of the seals that GTPatrick asked about.

Click on my page at the bottom of my signature.

I have deleted the other post I screwed up with. Sorry!

MikeCool
Mid_Engine_914
How about this info from Tweeks?

IPB Image
cooltimes
QUOTE(Mid_Engine_914 @ Dec 5 2006, 02:30 AM) *

How about this info from Tweeks?

IPB Image

Nice section views. Thanks for the link.
WOW.
$1200 for the reproduction body rubber seal set. That is basically the same set of seals I was throwing in for free if someone had bought my 914 for $1500.
beerchug.gif
Can't believe how this 914 rubber has skyrocketed and like mine, that is without the fabled Targa top seal. Ouch!!!
Don't that kick you in the head.

MikeCool

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.